nine

*Alysa's POV*

Monday

It's been almost a full 24 hours and I haven't heard a single word from Debbie or Carl. I don't understand what I did to deserve to be secluded from knowing this big secret.

I sighed flopping face down onto my bed.

"Rough day?" V asked.

"Yeah you could call it that." I sighed rolling over and sitting up against my headboard.

"What seems to be on your mind?" She asked sympathetically walking over and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Well, I'm in a situation where someone I care about isn't telling me something. And I don't know why." I explained.

"Well, if the other person does truly care about you too they will come back around and give you a reason why they can't tell you what they are hiding." She smiled trying to reassure me.

"Yeah, I hope." I said forcing a smile.

*

I was sleeping peacefully in my bed when I felt someone shake me trying to get me to wake up. My eyes shot open and my first instinct was to hit whatever or whoever it was.

"Ow what the hell." Carl whispered.

"Carl what the hell its like 3 in the morning and your gonna wake Marley up!" I whisper yelled hitting him again.

"Well maybe if you stop hitting me and listen to what I'm trying to say then I won't wake her!" He whisper yelled back.

"What do you want." I growled keeping my voice at a low volume.

"Get dressed." He demanded.

"Why?" I asked.

"Stop asking so many damn questions and get dressed." He replied getting a bit ticked off.

I rolled my eyes and slipped out of my bed and grabbed some sweat pants and a sweatshirt. I slipped them over my pajamas and put on a pair of shoes that conveniently sat by the side of my bed.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said heading towards the door.

"Nope not that way." He said pointing towards the open window.

"You broke in through my window!" I whisper yelled.

"It was unlocked so you were basically asking me to come in." He retorted.

"Yeah I was totally asking you to break into my room at 3 am." I scoffed sarcastically.

"Ok I get it. Can we just go now before we wake up Marley or worse get caught." He hissed under his breath.

"Sure." I exhaled following him out of  the open window. I closed it behind me slowly making little to no noise and giving Carl a thumbs up to signal we were good. He quickly pulled himself off the roof and onto the tree that was right next to my window.

"Alright come on." He said jumping down from a branch onto the ground.

"Tell me your joking." I laughed knowing there was no way I was going to do that.

"Come on its simple just do what I just did."  He groaned annoyed at my lack of courage. I huffed and pulled myself up onto the first branch and slowly but steadily made my way down.

"Finally." He laughed.

"Shut up. I don't even know why I snuck out because your just gonna be a dick like always." I rolled my eyes.

"Ahhh come on quit it." He smiled pulling me into a hug.  I cursed under my breath and hugged him back briefly.

"Get off of me. I'm supposed to be mad at you and your making it hard for me." I said pushing him off of me. He sighed and grabbed me by the hand.

He lead me up the front streps and into the Gallagher household, up the stairs and out the window.

We just sat there for a moment and looked out over the south side.

*Carl's POV*

My focus panned from the busy city to the girl that sat next to me looking out over the city. The bright city lights mirrored off of her dark brown eyes mesmerizing me for a brief second before remembering why I brought her here.

"Alysa." I spoke gaining her attention.

"Yes." She replied directing her focus to me. Just the thought of her looking at me made my palms sweat and my stomach erupt into a whole new type of butterflies or whatever those cliché people called it.

"I brought you here to tell you I'm sorry about it being able to tell you everything that is going on in my life right now. If I could I would, but telling you would put you in danger." I said unsure on how she would react.

"Oh." She replied pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

Goddamnit, every little thing this girl does is so intoxicating. I have not idea what's going on with me but I need to figure it out. All my past girlfriends have never made me feel this way or let alone make me get nervous around them.

"Oh?" I asked confused.

"I didn't know how to respond. But now I do." She breathed out. "I understand and accept that you can't tell me everything that is going on. And I am willing to forgive you for the moment."

"Thank you." I said cracking a smile.

"Yeah be thankful. I could have just thrown your ass too the curb but I didn't." She snickered.

What did I do to deserve her?

Sorry this is short but this is a sorta important chapter. (Teaser: everything is not what it seems)
-milan🌹✨