four

Alysa's POV*

"Just put them in the back, please." Kev said to me as he signed off for the monthly alcohol delivery. I lugged the heavy box to the back and straightened out all the other boxes that were on the rack.

"Where can I get some service around here?!" Frank said raising his voice.

Kevin looked at me with pleading eyes indicating to go serve Frank.

"What should I add to your tab today Frank?" I asked walking behind the counter.

"Two vodka sodas for me and the boy." He said proudly.

I looked up at him and realized he was with Carl.

"He's underage Frank, I can get him a regular soda." I said leaning on the counter.

"Your underage and your serving alcoholic beverages." He retorted.

"Oh well." I shrugged pouring the vodka soda and the normal soda. "Why did you even bring him? Your always going on about how he's such a 'fuck up juvenile druggie'."

"Well, he's made his old man proud by joining the family tradition." He smiled swinging a drunken arm around Carl.

"I'm not even going to ask. But here." I said handing them their drinks.

As soon as Frank downed his drink he was in the bathroom throwing up whatever he had in his system.

"So are you going to just ignore me forever?" I asked Carl leaning over the counter. He just looked away and tapped his finger on the table.

"Carlllll..." I dragged on getting closer to him and poking his nose.

"Whatever just fucking ignore me forever." I snorted starting to walk to the back.

"Jeez you get so mad about everything." He laughed catching up to me.

"Do I? I'm pretty sure I have a valid fucking reason to me pissed." I spat walking into the back.

He grabbed my waist spun me around and pinned me against the wall.

"Listen to me for one goddamn second." He said raising his voice. His blue eyes turned a darker shade of blue. His angry eyes scared me, I've never seen this side of him.

"I was only testing you." He said.

"Well I see that now." I said trying not to seem scared.

"Your scared of me." He devilishly smirked.

"N-n-no I'm not." I said tripping over my words.

"Yes you are, Alysa." He replied.

"I'm not scared of anything." I lied.

"Stay in denial. Let me know when your not in a mood." He said letting go of me and walking back into the bar.

My wrists were sore from his tight grip. I rinsed them under cold water hoping it wouldn't bruise. With my luck it did. I went back out to finish the rest of the boxes.

*

The whole day thoughts of Carl swirled through my head. I caught myself getting distracted thinking of him. What is happening?

"Alysa." Someone said snapping me out of my thoughts.

Debbie was sitting at the bar with a confused look on her face.

"Is something wrong?" She asked knitting her eyebrows together.

"Yes, honestly I don't know what the hell is going on with me." I confessed.

"What happened?" She asked concerned.

"What does it mean when you can't stop thinking about someone that you know is bad for you." I asked playing with my fingers.

"Well, usually it means you have some sort of feelings toward them. But it depends on the situation." She explained.

"But what if you don't want to have feelings for this person?" I asked.

"Simple." She said. "Find someone new."

"Thanks for the advice Debs." I smiled.

*

I grabbed a ice pack from the freezer and placed it on my wrist. Kev let me come home early today with V and Marley.

"What's wrong lys?" V asked sitting next to me.

"I'm fine." I smiled trying to avoid this whole conversation. She lifted up the ice pack and examined my wrists.

"Your not fine, those are some pretty bad bruises." She said lifting up my wrist to get a better look.

"What happened?" She asked panicked. "Who did this to you?"

"I accidentally dropped a box on my wrist earlier." I lied.

"You sure?" She asked wrapping a ace bandage around my injured wrist.

"Positive." I smiled trying to sell my claim.

"Alright. Just be more careful and for the next few days and just work behind the counter." She said finishing up the bandage.

I thanked her for bandaging me up and went out to go find Debbie.

I knocked on the Gallagher's door and Carl answered.

"Is Debbie here?" I asked.

"No hi or hello just 'is Debbie here?'." He said knitting his eyebrows together.

"Hello Carl." I replied getting annoyed.

"Hi Alysa, Debs is upstairs in her room." He laughed.

I tried to push past him to get inside but he grabbed me by my hurt wrist.

"What happened to your wrist?" He asked. I yelped in pain and snatched my wrist out of him grip.

"You. You did this to me Carl." I yelled. Tears brimmed the edge of my eyes, that actually hurt.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He said frustrated at himself and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Save it for someone who cares." I spat.

Sorry this is kinda short🙃

-milan🌹✨