one

Copyright © 2017
All rights reserved to saucymilan on wattpad none of this story may be rewritten, reproduced, or reformed in any way unless granted permission by author

The early summer rain tapped on the roof of the car as we traveled down the busy streets of Chicago.

We were driving to my new foster home, my last chance. Me and my sister Marley have been staying in the social services lady's house until she set up a new home for us.

I'm not messing this one up like I did every other time. Marley will not grow up to be like me.

"Almost there girls!" The social services lady chirped trying to lighten mood.

I continued to stare out the window at the dull city. Life hasn't been the same since my parents passed away.

The color in life started to fade to this dull gloom. Things will be better at this new home,

I'm positive that things will get better.

The small car came to a hault infront of a red brick house.

"We're here!" The social services lady exclaimed opening her door quickly.

I stepped out into the humid sticky air and retrieved my suitcase from the trunk. My little sister splashed in the nearby puddles soaking her jeans.

"Quit it Mar." I laughed softly.

We followed the social services lady up the front steps and waited at the door as the lady knocked.

A tall man answered the door.

"Hello, I'm Kevin Ball. We are so glad to have both of you here." He said excitedly.

"This is Alysa and Marley. 15 and 5. I just need you and your spouse to sign these forms." The lady said handing Kevin papers.

"Thank you for taking us in it means a lot to the both of us." I smiled.

"It's no problem sweetie, I'm Veronica Ball." A woman said joining Kevin at the door.

"I think you have it handled it from here. I will be back for monthly check ups." The social services lady added.

She walked quickly back to her car as if she was scared of the something.

"Looks like someone is scared of the southside." Veronica said referring to the timid social services lady.

"Probably."  I laughed.

"Come in girls, make yourselves at home." Kevin said inviting us in.

We stepped into the house and were immediately greeted by two little toddlers.

"This is Jemma and Amy." Kevin said swooping up the two little twins.

"The are so adorable." I smiled at the two little girls.

"I want to make sure you girls feel 100% at home here. There are no rules here except keep it down when the twins are sleeping and no sassing back." Veronica said. "And you can call us Kev and V."