Episode 1: Special Delivery

Start from the beginning

Rieka relaxed her eyes and looked at the smaller man. She knew no one else besides herself and Hiro could see, but an aura like purple-black flames surrounded the man's body. It radiated inner strength.

This is no good. Rieka thought, even if he checks his strength, he could do serious damage to this guy.

The large man let out a roar, and began to charge the smaller man, but in an instant, Rieka had stepped between them.

Rieka looked earnestly up in the man's eyes, gripping his hand tightly, "Oh, sir, thank you so much for finding him!"

The crowd murmured in confusion, while the large man's face went chalk white. He gritted his teeth and thought, this little girl, she's gripping my hand so tightly I think it might break!

Rieka gave him a knowing smirk, and squeezed his hand a little harder. Her eyes seemed to say, "play along, or else." The man stammered, "Y-you're welcome."

Rieka's face had a peaceful smile, though she was still tightly holding on to the man's hand, "My little brother's a bit odd you see, always running around dressing in cosplay," she added in an undertone, "thinks he's some kind of superhero from an anime or something. Please forgive him."

"Little brother? Cosplay?" the small man muttered, with an annoyed look on his face. Hiro had stepped next to him and whispered, "Just play along."

"S-sure. It's no big deal. I'll just go home then," said the large man.

"Thank you again sir, I do apologize," said Rieka, releasing his hand and bowing slightly.

The man looked down at his hand, which was marked purple where the girl had touched him. Just how much power was behind those delicate-looking hands?

The smaller man huffed, "I didn't need your intervention." It was only then that he got a good look at her face.

"...Yusuke?" said the small man with a look of bewilderment.

Rieka blinked, "Oh? You know my dad? People say I look a lot like him

Rieka blinked, "Oh? You know my dad? People say I look a lot like him."

"He's your father?" the man said in disbelief.

"Yes, and I'm sorry, but you did need the intervention. Even though the borders are down, a yokai harming a human is still a major offense. Even if you were just defending yourself, you could have killed that man."

He scoffed, "And I suppose you would have arrested me?"

"Well, I can tell just by looking at you, that I didn't stand a chance. I was just hoping you were friendly," Rieka stepped closer and gave him a scrutinizing look and began to slowly circle him, "Wait a minute, short, black clothes, bad attitude...your name wouldn't be Hiei by any chance, would it?"

Hiei said nothing, but the look on his face was all the proof Rieka needed, "Ha, I knew it! My dad told me about you. But I thought you stayed in Makai and didn't visit the Human Realm anymore."

So that's how I've been described? Hiei thought to himself bitterly, "I happen to have business in the Human Realm. I heard your father had a place of business here when I ran into that large idiot," Hiei's sharp eyes shifted to Hiro, "And just who are you supposed to be?"

Hiro looked flustered at the bluntness of the question, "I'm Hiro Kuwabara. I live with the Urameshis."

"Ku-Kuwabara?" Hiei took in the boy's unusual green hair and rust-colored eyes. Other than the height and something in the shape of his nose, Hiro looked much more like someone else he knew than Kuwabara. It pissed him off.

Hiro felt a chill run up his spine. He could tell that this man instantly detested him, "So I guess you've met my old man too?"

"We've met," said Hiei, as a glint caught the corner of his eye. A leather strap wound about the boy's right wrist, a perfectly round blue stone dangled from it and shined like a jewel. A hiuri stone, thought Hiei,  it must be true then.

Hiei mentally sharpened his tongue as he prepared to speak, but was caught off guard when he felt a tug on his arm. He looked to see Rieka, whose hands held so much strength a moment ago, gently pulling him along. For reasons he didn't understand, Hiei's feet obeyed.

"C'mon, my dad's restaurant is attached to our apartment

"C'mon, my dad's restaurant is attached to our apartment. Hiro and I are supposed to be working right now, but you can be our late pass."

I've realized that shorter chapters are preferable, so I've cut this into two parts. Please vote or comment on parts you like or things I can improve on!