Fear

This couldn't be happening. You couldn't- wouldn't believe it. You wanted to run, to find your father as soon as you could but you knew you'd never get far. If it wasn't bad enough that you couldn't get away from the viscount and his associates, you knew you'd never be able to escape from someone- something like the one in your present company. Ciel hadn't said specifically what he was, but as you held your head in your hands, you couldn't even cry. You knew what he meant. You knew Sebastian wasn't human after all. How could he be? He was too perfect. He always had been. Why didn't you see it before? You wondered if your father knew that. Ciel knew. He must've known the whole time. Of course he did. He traded his soul for protection from him. Did your father mean to leave you with them for that reason? Or did he simply know that his part of underworld had its own rules the same as the other members of its elite organisations? Did he care about the means as long as his ends were met? You thought it over.

You were being hunted and you knew your father had entrusted the Phantomhives with your safety. You wanted to laugh. What a sick joke. Safe in the hands of a literal devil? Did he know what almost became of you out here? No. He couldn't have. You never wanted him or anyone else to find out. It was the only thing that ever made you afraid. Nothing else. Nothing scared you more than losing your soul. That's why you did what you did. You needed to learn how to take care of yourself so you'd never have to ask for anyone's protection.

You took a few minutes to compose yourself. You looked down at Ciel. The room seemed to spin, and you worried that you'd fall to the ground as well, and then what'd prevent that demon from doing what he wanted with the both of you? You inhaled and closed your eyes. Then you straightened yourself up and opened them. You were met with a hand across your mouth. You initially thought to fight, to bite, claw, slash your way away from whoever had you in their hands, but you didn't have the chance.

"Now now, {Y/N} don't going losing your composure. I think you know how this goes. You're partial to our family secret, and since you and I both want you to live, you can't go running away on us." You could feel his grip around your waist. He held you tighter than before, and this time it was rough, without hesitation. He could break your back one-handed if he desired to. You trembled. You never trembled. You were furious. He could tell. He actually laughed to himself, and you could feel his sides move. He thought this whole situation amusing. He was evil. "I can tell you're not too happy about this, but I give you my word. If I let you go, and you promise to listen to what I have to say as I tend to my young lord, then I'll answer any questions you have, and I will never harm you. Does that sound like a deal you'd be interested in making with me?" You noticed he emphasised what he didn't care to before. Ciel was his, and his alone. Perhaps it was because he was instructed to before. Ciel had ordered him to treat you like a servant in public. It was pretty clear Sebastian did what he was told. It seemed fair, like it came with the deal. You supposed someone who was going to give up nothing less than their entirety would at least be given the ability to belittle and degrade the beast that was doing it- if only for a while- especially if the person they'd stolen was but a child. You felt sick.

You almost wished he could read your mind. You wanted him to know how much you loathed the way he ended his request, which you knew you had no other choice but to accept. It wasn't a question. It was a command. It was an order. You consented and moved your head up and down, and his grip slackened. He moved away from you and immediately lifted Ciel from the ground and cradled him almost like an infant. The strong, proud boy wise beyond his years you'd come to know recently seemed so weak now. You began to understand why he'd been so cold all the time you'd known him.

He had nothing to hope for after he got what he wanted. His soul would belong to him.

"Sebastian." You spoke before he did. He wanted you to live? What for? What were his plans for you? "Why do-"