Number Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

His answering smirk was sadistic. "What? You think this pet of yours is funny?"

The girl wouldn't be able to respond as he had placed dirty rags inside her mouth before using his wires to keep them in place. He terribly wanted to make her bleed, to make her cry, to make her suffer for what they did to the real Faye, but he couldn't. Not until he finds Agent 00 and she's brought back safe and sound in Creed.

He would redeem himself in her eyes, even if it was the last thing he do.

"The second time I came here, I tapped your phone. I placed bugs everywhere. I was watching you." Krad droned on, his way of calming himself as he waited for the Bases to come and bring the fraud out of Faye's apartment. "I had been suspicious ever since I saw you sleep at night without praying. Faye always pray you see. She's that kind of girl. Too bad I only proved my hunches last night when you totally dropped your façade and called this Daddy F of yours."

He leaned on one wall, putting some distance between them. "You just signed a death contract." You'll learn that there are plenty of ways to die without being killed. I plan to make the rest of your pathetic life a living hell.

As he delivered his threats, the girl's eyes morphed from bored scrutiny to one of amusement. She must be mad, he decided. She relished pain... then pain he would give her, agony greater than humanly tolerable, the kind that would make her wish he killed her instead.

Krad heard the brakes before he even saw the van pull up in front of the building. About time they came.

He couldn't wait anymore. He strode towards the girl and quickly hit the base of her neck, causing her to roll her eyes before fainting. She morphed. The sounds of her skin and bones stretching and breaking filled the room. Dark hair, cut short in a pixie-like manner, sprouted from the woman's – not a girl's – new face.

Gifted just as he assumed. He thought so after learning the events of last night... the worst night of his life, only he didn't know that time.

It was foolish that he felt inclined to nurse the feverish fake Faye earlier that day. After leaving her apartment at the crack of dawn, he underwent a sweep mission. It took him and the other Bases the whole day to track and finish off all their victims. He had just gone back to his room when his laptop connected to her phone. Curious, he had accessed the call she made just after he left her apartment. What he heard was bad enough, and then there was that video... a clip that she insisted Daddy F to show her, because according to her, she's so bored to death.

Just remembering it, Krad wanted to bash the fake's skull.

As he continued pacing inside the tiny room, the images that he had seen wouldn't leave his mind.

The cell was barely lit.

A man whose face was hidden in the shadows yanked her hair in his fist, and Faye gasped as he slowly pulled her upright. She was shaking, and she looked so cold, so hungry, so weak.

"I have a question, and I want you to answer me, senorita," the man sneered. "Where is your headquarters?"

Faye peered with one swollen eye before spitting on him. The sound of flesh hitting striking resounded. The man had slapped her with his other hand. Her knees buckled, and only the man's hold on her hair kept her kneeling.

"Answer me! Where is your Master hiding, you filthy little brat?!" He threw her down, making her cough violently, blood and bile escaping her bruised mouth. The one taking the video laughed along with several others. "If you don't answer, every single man in this building will have his way on you. You'll like that, little whore?"