Chapter 4

ANDY'S POV

Six long, difficult weeks without Ruby. Also six long, difficult weeks without Ashley talking to me. He just wouldn't let it go; it's so hard being in the same band together and not talking to each other during practise. I think Ashley's given up on Ruby; he hasn't called her, hasn't texted, hasn't done anything to try with her again. He's pretty much over her, but I'm not. I didn't want to let her go until I saw her again. I decided to call her, just to hear her voice. So I dialled her number, pressed the call button and listened to it ring. "Hello? Andy?" As soon as I heard her voice I hung up immediately. I don't know why, I was just..nervous. Oh...wow...this isn't normal: girls never make me nervous.

"Hey man. Who ya talking to?" CC sat next to me with a beer in his hand.

"Um..no-one." I shoved my phone back in my pocket

"Oh c'mon, let me see! What's the big secret?" CC jumped on me, tickled me in the ribs and tried to grab my phone.

"Nothing's a secret, but get off dude!" He was now on the floor...humping my leg, whinging for the phone.

"I want the phone!"

"NO!"

"I want the phone! Gimme the phone!" CC continued to hump and whinge.

"NO!"

"I. WANT. THE. PHONE!!!"

"NOOOOO!!!!" I pinned him to the ground, licked his face (he hates it) and got back to my previous position of sitting on the couch. CC joined me, then suspiciously raised my phone to eye level and went through it, seeing the calls to Ruby.

"Ruby? You've been calling Ruby? Why?"

"Just...I dunno, man. I miss her. I haven't heard from her in weeks."

"Well maybe we should go find her? She couldn't of gone too far; she has no money."

"Yeah, good idea. Grab the beer, let's go." So we got into my car, and hit the road, setting out to find Ruby.

We drove for hours. Unfortunately I couldn't drink, but CC could, and took advantage of that fact. he drank about seven of the 12 bottles of beer we brought with us, and had a great time. He decided to take his top off, stick his head out the sunroof and swing his shirt round his head like a lassoo. The wind blew in his hair wildly, like in a cheezy rock video until he got chilly and ducked his head back in. I couldn't help but laugh at the state of his hair- he looked like Einstein! "Pahaha! Dude, look at your hair, you look like fucking Einstein!" He looked in the wing mirror.

"AAH!" he squeaked. "Hm...me likes the new look." We giggled and sniggered at his hair, carrying on down the road until the car began to slow, then I realised I had run out of gas.

"Shit! Outta gas!" I got out the car and kicked the wheel, annoyed that it'd take me even longer to find Ruby.

"Hey, man, check this out." CC picked up a shiny diamond ring lying next to a billboard of us that looked awfully familiar.

"That's Ruby's."