Chapter 3

We ate the rest of dinner in silence. Sara was on the porch sulking, even though she had no reason to be in my eyes. In a way I think she did understand why the bracelet meant so much to me, but it's Sara...she didn't like to be understanding. I went out on the porch to try and turn her thoughts about me around. She sat there in her pink fleece, a mug of hot chocolate and a sulky expression on her pale, fair face. "Sara?" She acknowledged my prescence, then turned away to the position she was in before. "Look, I didn't mean to upset you, or piss you off or anything, but the only reason I'm so protective over that bracelet is because the person I loved gave it to me, and I don't know if I'm ever gonna see him again."

"Loved? If you 'loved' him then why do you want to keep hold of it? If you don't love them anymore then why be reminded of them everyday?"

"Because - b-because apart from him being someone I loved, he was also one of my best friends. I never wanna forget my best friends."

"Who was he?" She asked, saying Ashley's name or any of Black Veil Brides names would conjour up a lump in my throat. I couldn't let myself be reminded of him, or Andy, or anything that happened.

"T-that doesn't matter. But what does matter is that he meant a lot to me, and I'm not ready to shut him out just yet."

"I wanna know his name. I think you're lying."

"I'm not lying and it doesn't matter what his name is. What matters is that it's my bracelet and it means something to me."

"You're a liar. You just want the bracelet cos it's got your name on it. Well ya know what? You take it. Be selfish, be whatever you want, just don't be around me!" Tears streamed down my face as she called me those names. She stormed back inside, and I slumped against a pillar on the porch and wiped away the waterfalls of tears. I remembered their faces in my mind, and got scared of what they thought of me. I didn't know what I wanted from Ashley, but I knew I didn't want him. When I saw Andy's crystal blue eyes and dark hair in my head, I knew he was who I was around for. I pulled out my phone from my pocket, and dialled Andy's number.

"Hey, you've reached Andy Biersack. Sorry but I'm not here to take your call at the moment, but leave a message and I'll get back to you later. YEEAAAHHH-UHHHH!" His answerphone said in a static impression of him

"Hey Andy, it's Ruby. I know I've not seen or talked to you for a few weeks but I just wanted to say...well. When you get back to me I'll tell you. Um...give my love to the guys. I hope you're doing well and maybe see you again someday. Um...see ya." I hung up the phone and went inside to get some sleep.

JOEL'S POV

I woke up the next morning with a back that killed like a bitch. All the arguing between Ruby and Sara was tiring, and even though Sara was my sister, I knew Ruby was right. It was her bracelet, it had her name on it, it meant the world to her. Unfortunately Sara's the type to always get her way, or at least try. I needed to get out of the house to avoid more disputes, so I went into Felix's room to get a little company to join me.

"Oi, Hello Kitty, get up!" I yanked the covers off him and he stretched out like a lion cub

"Why?" He moaned, tugging the sheets.

"We're going out. C'mon. I'm bored of this house." he stretched again and sat on the end of the bed, rubbing his eyes.

Finally I managed to wake Felix up and get him out the house. We walked into the woods to explore parts we hadn't seen before. Lucky it was a good day; the sun was shining, there wasn't too much wind, quite nice to be honest.

"Hey dude, check this out!" Felix said, peering over a bush. I went and looked with him, and all I could see was a big, chunky yellow truck.

"Aww! No way!" I pushed the bushes put the way to get a closer look in. There was nobody inside, but there was a key in the ignition. I guessed it had been abandoned like the house. I jumped in and turned the key to hear the engine roar. "Haha! This baby is mine!" I roared like the engine, slapping the steering wheel in excitement.

"What? So you're just gonna take it?" Felix asked nervously.

"Well it don't belong to anyone, I claim it as mine." I smirked and patted the seat next to me, urging him to get in. he climbed in and we drove back to the house. Ruby and Sara came out as they heard the engine.

"Da fuck?! Joel where'd you get that?" Ruby asked in shock.

"Found it in the woods, claimed it as my own. I call her Bessie." I smirked.

"Hm...well at least we got a way of getting around now. i want a ride!" She stepped off the porch and had a peek inside. "Needs a clean." She said to herself.

"Wait...soyou found an adandoned truck in the woods randomly...and you're just gonna take it?" Sara said doubtedly.

"Yup. Don't worry sis, I checked it out before I got in. It just needs a clean."

"Well i dont wanna get in, just in case. Especially not wit her." She pointed spitefully at Ruby.

"Sara, come on. Don't be a child. Just come sit in it for a minute." She rolled her eyes and got in. She looked nervous, but I knew she could handle it.

"Hey, y'know what we should do?" Felix sparkled with an idea.

"What?"

"We should take the truck, take some food with us, and go on a road trip for the day. Y'know, test out the new car and shiz." It sounded like an awesome idea, plus I had jack shit to do, so I agreed.

"Yeah why not? Just as long as I get to drive.

"Deal." Felix and Ruby said, and Sara nodded. So we went inside, packed a couple things, and headed out on the road.

RUBY'S POV

It was nice to get out of the house and see something else besides trees for a change. The roads were shiny and hot from the melting tarmac, the sides of the roads were dusty and sandy like a desert...all one colour. I looked out the window silently the whole time - I didn't dare look at Sara - everytime I did she gave me a glare that stung like a wasp. I took my phone out for a second to play Snake, but before i could find the game, I got a call from...Andy? He actually decided to return my call, I answered it hesitantly. "Hello? Andy? And the phone went silent. I continued looking out the window, then before me was a huge billboard with Black Veil Brides on it. Seeing Ashley and Andy's faces brought tears to my eyes, so I pulled my engagement ring off my finger, and threw it out the window.