Chapter 2

"Morning," Felix groaned from opposite me, I arose with the sun blazing through the trees straight into my eyes.

"Hey, good sleep?" I looked down at the floor, at the same time at my hands just to see how grubby they were, but then I realised...my bracelet was gone.

"Umm...where's my bracelet?" I scrambled the ground looking for it, but it was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe it fell off on the way here. Come on, let's go look for it." So we traced back our steps to try and find it, but it wasn't anywhere.

"Shit, what am I gonna do? Ashley gave me that..." I buried my face in my hands and sunk to the ground.

"Well look on the brightside; maybe it'll help you forget him. Isn't that what you want?"

"I guess. Maybe it'll turn up somewhere." So I kept my hopes up and we carried on walking.

The forest began to get dark, and cold. But all we could do now was carry on going until...CLANK!!! A huge iron cage fell down over me and Felix, trapping us both." What the-?!" Felix was stunned, now in cat form.

"Who did this?!" I tried kicking and shaking the bars but they wouldnt budge.

We lay there for hours, becoming tired, cold, and even more hungry. I began to drift off to sleep when I heard rustling leaves in the distance. I lifted myself up and looked into the darkness seeing two deep, dark shadows. Beautiful...but threatening.

"HA! Hey sis, looks like we got somethin'" I heard a sly, velvety voice cackle.

"Hm...this one looks nice." The girl approached me, hissing like a python

"Let us out! Why the hell would you put us in here?" I shook th bars once again.

"We're hungry, you look like you'd have food."

"Well we don't, so let us out...NOW!" Felix had woken up, and was up against the bars, next to me.

"Search them." The girl demanded her companion. He approached us and rummaged through our pockets, tearing the layers of my dress in the meantime, then pushed us away when he didn't find anything.

"Nothing. But who are you?" He released us from the cage and we stepped forward.

"I'm Ruby, this is Felix. You?"

"Joel," he pointed to himself "my sister Sara." He pointed to her. "So what brings you here? Doesn't look like your scene."

"Long story, I found him somewhere along the lines." Joel nodded with interest. "You?"

"Like you said, long story. We got kicked out of our last tribe so we've been on the hunt for food"

"We are too. Maybe we should team up." Felix suggested

"Why not? The more the better." We picked up all our belongings and strolled deeper into the woods. As it began to get colder, we tried to find somewhere to settle down for the night. "Hey, check this out." Joel shifted abush out the way to reveal a small cottage. It looked peaceful, it was a maple wood colour, with two square windows and a pretty white door. The roof was thatched and had a small pretty looking chimney. The house was surrounded by a clean looking porch and flower baskets.

Joel appraoched the house and kicked in the door, to see whether anyone was inside. We followed him in "This looks like it's been abandoned." I said, turning a lamp on and looking in drawers to find nothing.

"Yeah. I think we shold take it. There's nobody living here, there isn't anything that suggests someone's gonna come back." Sara suggested, resting on the couch. So we put all our things down and got settled in. Lucky for us there was tons of food in the cupboards, so Felix started to make everyone some dinner and we sat down to eat. I sat opposite Sara, and as I looked up to see her lifting her fork, I noticed a bracelet on her wrist that looked an awful lot like mine.

"Hey, that's my bracelet!" I pointed to her wrist.

"No it isn't."

"It has my name on it, of course it is."

"You aren't the only Ruby in the world. It can't be yours. Plus whatever happened to finders-keepers?"

"Screw that! That's my bracelet! Felix can tell you..."

"He swallowed "That is her bracelet, we've been looking for it all day, and pretty much all night until you captured us." She took the bracelet off, slammed it on the table, and walked outside, now in dislike of me...