20

A/N: HI PUPS GUESS WHO CAME HOME LIKE TWO DAYS EARLY FROM THEIR CAMPING TRIP AND STAYED UP TO WRITE A NEW CHAPTER FOR YOU ALL EVEN THOUGH YOU MIGHT HATE IT BECAUSE THERE'S DRAMA AFTER I'VE BEEN GONE FOR LIKE 8 DAYS?

I don't know who it was because it definitely wasn't me. Also, I have decided that all of you readers are going to be collectively known as pups from now on (like wolf pups, because wolves are my favorite animals aside from penguins and that sounds so much cooler than calling you all ducklings or something). If you don't like it you can leave me a comment telling me so and I'll probably change it lmao.

Anyways, side note: it's very very important to remember that up until chapter 12? 13? whenever the car accident happened, Lauren and Camila didn't spend all their time 24/7 with DNA. Camila was with them daily throughout the weekdays, but on the weekends she was at work or her and Lauren's place. And Lauren was going over two or three times a week. Just remember that for this chapter. And also this chapter kind of sucks and if you all hate how it turns out I suppose I'll rewrite it somehow. :/

Anyways, read on and hope you enjoy!

--------------

Lauren knew that things were going too well to for it all to work out. Ally, Normani, and Dinah were honestly the best caregivers she could ever ask for (not that she asked for them, which is why Lauren is so upset it's falling apart - or at least she thinks it's falling apart). They were so nice and patient with her, even though she knows she's being so difficult, though the three women would be quick to disagree with that she's sure. They were so generous, too, especially Dinah. Buying her all kinds of things for when she's in whatever headspace she's developed so far.

Especially her blanket. That's her favorite item. If she was allowed to keep only one thing from all the purchases they made for her, it would be her elephant blankie (it would be really hard to choose between that and her paci, but the blankie would win out. Just slightly though).

And, okay, even after the car accident things had been going well, but apparently they were going too well because now it's all falling apart in a way Lauren would have never guessed.

She didn't think Camila would be the reason she was now hiding in her apartment, away from the others. Maybe she should have grabbed her phone before running out of the house in tears, she would bet Normani, Dinah, and Ally, and she really hoped Camila, would be worried about her.

Everything was going so well, until it wasn't.

---------

It started at breakfast about a week after the trip to the park.

Lauren was peacefully eating her cheerios when Normani came into the kitchen with Camila in her arms, the brunette still fighting to wake up. After setting a bowl of Lucky Charms on the tray of the smaller girl's high chair, Normani made a cup of coffee and went to take her normal seat in between the two girls.

"No, Mommy," Camila stated, glaring at the dark skinned woman. "No sit there. Here." She pointed to the seat on the other side of her, away from Lauren.

Normani frowned, looking between the two girls. "I normally sit here, though, baby," she reasoned, pointing to the seat she planned to sit in. "Why don't I just sit there?"

Camila just rolled her eyes, and angrily began shoving spoonfuls of cereal into her mouth.

Lauren shot a confused look over to the older woman, but Normani only shrugged. The older girl just went back to eating her own cereal, but there was a small part of her that was nervous about Camila's attitude so far this morning.