26

A/N: I'm going to be petty and just start deleting comments I find annoying af immediately unless they really piss me off then you better prepare for a bitch rant. I'm so done with annoying comments honestly. I've got other shit to do than sit at my laptop writing chapters to post daily/every other day (that might be rude to people who do update pretty frequently, but I swear it's not targeted at you, you authors are awesome and keep doing what you're doing, this is targeted at people who leave comments of 'update please' 'update' and shit on my fics and I'm fucking tiiiiiirrreeeedddd of it like fucking hell let me live).

Okay, rant over. Read and enjoy!

---------

Dinah woke up to the feeling of someone gently shaking her shoulder. Frowning, she peered up through bleary eyes to see Ally standing at the side of the bed, smiling softly at her.

"Hey, you guys have been asleep for a good two hours, I figured I'd come check on you," the older woman explained quietly. "Mani and I made lunch, and I think it'd be best to get Lauren up now so that she can sleep later."

Dinah nodded and began to sit up before remembering neither her nor Lauren were wearing shirts. Which wasn't a problem for her, but Lauren might not be comfortable after the morning's events. "Mind giving us some privacy? Lauren doesn't have a shirt on and I don't want her to wake up and freak out."

Ally nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door as she went.

Dinah lifted the blanket, tossing it to the side of the bed. She sighed, seeing the scarring on Lauren's back. Slowly, she traced a few of the marks, wishing she could take away all of the girl's pain.

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows, slowly opening her eyes. She looked up sleepily at the blonde.

"Hi, lovebug. Sleep well?" Dinah asked softly, patting the girl's bottom.

The smaller girl yawned and buried her face into the woman's shoulder, attempting to go back to sleep.

"Nuh uh, sorry, bub, but you need to get up," Dinah stated, laughing slightly as Lauren only shook her head. "Yes, Ally and Mani-" she so desperately wanted to say 'Mommy and Momma' but she wasn't sure how the younger one would react to that "-have lunch ready and we want you to be able to sleep tonight."

Lauren sighed, but nodded.

"Are you okay, Lauren?" the blonde questioned concernedly, noticing the girl hadn't uttered a single word. "Did I do something wrong, sweets?"

Lauren shook her head, wrapping her arms around the woman's torso and hid her face in Dinah's neck.

The taller woman soothingly rubbed the girl's back, hugging her gently. "You don't have to say anything right now, alright? How about we go eat, and then afterwards we can talk about it. Does that sound good?" she suggested.

The girl nodded, and the blonde sighed in relief. She was a little worried about Lauren's silence, but put it up to Lauren not quite knowing how to process all the emotions she might be feeling. She sat up slightly, earning a small whimper from the girl, but quietly shushed her.

"I'm just grabbing our clothes, baby," she explained, grabbing a shirt from Lauren's dresser and her own clothes from the floor. She quickly slipped her shirt on before helping the girl into one of her own. "No pants today I bet, huh?" she asked knowingly, earning a nod from the younger one.

Once Lauren had her shirt on, she shyly reached out to Dinah, silently asking to be picked up.

"Alrighty, squirt, let's go get some food," the woman replied, lifting the smaller one up and settling Lauren on her hip.