-T W E N T Y - O N E-

Start from the beginning

I may be seventeen, but I'll always be a kid at heart. Snow was one of the things I'll never grow out of. Even though it showed up every year, it was never any less exciting. I loved the feeling is snowflakes on my face. I sighed in content and turned back to Griffin who had a small smile playing on his lips.

"You're just like a child," He shook his head.

I smiled, "Why thank you. Now let's go, I don't wanna miss the egg nog."

I began walking but stopped when I saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway. It was a black Chevy Cruze. Griffin just kept walking down the driveway and opened the car door. He stopped and glanced over at me, "Are you coming or not?"

I happily skipped over to the car and got in, "Who's car is this?"

He shrugged, "Mine."

My jaw dropped. He never told me he had a car. All those times we walked, we could've gotten there way quicker. I put my seatbelt on while he turned the heat on. Immediately, I got a whiff of something. It smelled wonderful. It smelled like Griffin except it was a bit more intense since it was blowing in my face.

He pulled out of the driveway and drove down the street. He didn't drive fast like most guys I know. He was doing the speed limit, like a trained driver. Not even police officer's drive the speed limit. It was weird being able to enjoy the scenery rather than speeding through time.

"You're a really safe driver," I noted.

"I'd rather not get pulled over," He replied, making a left turn. "Police officers here don't take kindly to drivers not having a license."

"You don't have a license?!" I was shocked, to say the least. "You mean you're illegally driving right now?"

"It's not illegal if I don't get caught," He grinned.

Too hot. System malfunction.

"Look at you being all badass. I'm actually kinda proud," I wiped away a fake tear.

Before I realized it, we had arrived. I hopped out of the car and ran around to Griffin's side. Now I felt like a kid again. When I was younger, we'd always come here and I'd drag my parents to every ride. They were never fast enough and we'd have to wait for what felt like forever. I just learned that we waited for ten minutes max for each ride.

Griffin took too long to turn off the car and get out. I groaned, tired of waiting. When he was finally out of the car, I shut the door and grabbed his hand. I didn't even give him a chance to say anything before dragging him away. I didn't have much patience left. The parking lot was already starting to fill up, which meant lines were starting to form.

"Mackenzie, I am perfectly capable of walking on my own-"

"Not fast enough! We have to get a move on before the lines get longer! Besides that, we still have to meet up with Kira and Indie," I quickly explained, still dragging him.

Kira and Indie were standing near the concession stands, both eating something. Bradley had his arm draped over Indie's shoulder. Kira stood next to the girl I assumed she brought as her date.

She was a bit shorter than Kira. Her hair was blonde which matched her blue eyes perfectly. She was drinking something, smiling at Kira. She had a nice smile. She also seemed to be really into Kira, which was always good.

"Mackenzie! What took you so long?" Indie raised an eyebrow.

I jabbed my thumb back at Griffin, "Someone drives the speed limit and walks slower than a turtle."

"Kenzie, this is Julie. Julie, Mackenzie," Kira introduced me to her mystery date.

I stuck out my hand and shook hers, "Nice to meet you!"