1- Painful Memories

She remembers it like a ghost of her past. Every night her nightmares grew worse, their voices and moments haunting her. Continuously, she saw her parents, her brother, and her love—all she's lost. Years of the same pain, and her fellow paladins only grew distant from her. Allura and Coran returned to Altea after they won against Zarkon, disappearing from her life with a unkept promise.

"Pidge, I don't want you to go through anymore pain...  Hold on okay? Me and Coran will return every 6 earth months," Allura once told Pidge before she hugged the small teen goodbye. Pidge nodded, watching Allura turn and enter the ship. When the ship took of, Pidge whirled around to the other paladins with tears in her eyes.

"What will you guys do now? The universe has no need for Voltron anymore... Not that we can even form it," she asked her second family. Hunk looked at her with tears streaming down his face. Lance had a similar appearance to Hunk, but cried in his sleeve and Keith held his tears in as he looked at the ground. Pidge gave a small laugh as she allowed her tears to slip from her eyes. They weren't just crying for Allura and Coran's departure, but also for their missing comrade.

Shiro, the man Pidge fell for. That stupid man.

Keith was first to speak through the sniffled-filled silence, "I would like to learn of my family and where I get my Galra blood from. Though, I don't feel like going back to that shack for awhile...," Keith remarked and looked up. 

Lance was next to speak. He wiped his eyes dry with the helm of his shirt and looked at Keith. "You can stay with me for awhile, if you want," the blue paladin offered. Keith simply nodded. Hunk ceased crying just long enough to say that he was returning to his family.

Lance looked at Pidge and asked her the question she asked them, "what will you do?"

"I will find my family and Shiro while I stay with my mother," she replied before they shared a group hug. Keith had to be dragged into it, but she liked to remember that he willfully joined in.

Then they went their own separate ways to never be seen by her again. She never returned to Garrison, either.

That was a year ago, though. Now all she had was an empty house and her past that haunted her very being. Her mother died three months ago from a Winter illness, leaving her daughter to a lonely isolation. Pidge had been using her and Matt's college money along with her dad's emergency funds to pay the bills. They were close to being depleted, though. Only $650 left. She rarely used the water and kept the lights off so she could savor the money. 

Each day, Pidge worked hard to find her remaining family and Shiro. She was beginning to loose hope, though. She had searched the entire year for Shiro and even more for her family. Matt and her father were starting to seem like lost causes, but when she thinks about how she never gave up and of the promise with Shiro, her doubts faded away. 

Shiro's promise. He promised to help her find her family. He said they'd rescue them together, but, now, it's just her and her inventions. Shiro was no where to be found, not in the battle zone, not in his lion, not anywhere her devices could search. She had told herself to forget him, but her heart couldn't. In many ways, she tried to drown out the memories they had shared, but no matter what she did, they called to her. The only way they'd silence was when she was searching. Searching for the three people that mattered most to her now.

Pidge had just finished another scan of the planet that is inhabited by plant life and all types of forest species, the planet of her green lion, when she noticed the time. It was already eight in the morning. She pulled yet another all-nighter. Shiro would disapprove of her terrible sleeping habits, but she preferred searching over the vicious nightmares.

That's when something strange happened—her doorbell rang.  Something that hadn't happened in months. Who was it? Why had they come so early in the dang morning? Pidge tried to wait it out and make her visitor think she wasn't home so they'd leave. While she waited out the next six rings of her stupid doorbell, she scanned another planet. 

Halfway through her scan, and the ninth ring, a familiar voice spoke up through her front door. "Pidge? It's Allura."

HELLO! I hope you find this book interesting and not too off character. This is my first Voltron fanfiction, but I'm not worried. I can literally guess Lance's actions like they were my own. The others may be not so like them, but I'll try! I had this idea manifested in me as I began to read 14 Shidge fanfictions to tie me over for when school starts back in a week. It is inspired by the fanfics I read, so if it seems little similar to one you previously read, thats most likely why. Though I try for it not to be.

ThatOneServant out!