Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty-Two

I let out a long sigh as my eyes continued to stay trained on the small brown brick house twenty five feet away from me. Rolling my eyes, I take a swig of my beer. I focused on the cold liquid that traveled down my throat instead of the boredom that's seeping into me.

It's only been five fucking days and I'm already tired of stalking Dean. He's the most boring old man I've ever laid my eyes on. All he does is sleep, eat, use the bathroom and plant flowers in his garden.

That's it.

I literally want to yank my hair out in frustration. I feel like I'm wasting my time, sitting here in this black tinted window truck across the street from where he lives. My window is rolled up to conceal my identity.

I'm trying to keep my calm and try not to judge too quickly. You never know what the most innocent looking people hide. I'm almost convinced that there is no way this man is behind anything. Almost.

But I don't know that for sure so that why I'm keeping my eyes on him. If he's behind this I'll be surprised as hell. I leaned against my hand as I watched the old man water his plants gleefully.

It's not until a few minutes later. I noticed something out of the ordinary. A silver Honda pulls into his driveway. He's never had a visitor. Hell, he's never even talked to anyone except a stray cat the other day.

I watched as an auburn haired woman exited from the driver's seat of the car. She's wearing skin tight blue jeans with a black lace shirt that displays her flat stomach. She looks like the typical females you see around California.

She strolled over to Dean, whose is standing near the edge of his yard and gave him a bear hug.

"Hey Dad! How are you?" She asked with a small smile playing on her red stained lips. I rose my eyebrows.

This must be Luna McKnight. His daughter and his only child. She was 17 years old when I killed my father. Must be 23 years old now. According to the files, I was provided she had supposedly moved to New York last year. And was residing there as of now.

But the question is why and how is she in California?

"I'm fine sweetie. I'm happy you called! Wow You look just like your mother did when she was your age!" He exclaimed as he leaned back from her hug to get a good look at her face.

She grinned happily, showing all her pearly white teeth. "You're looking more and more like your age. That's not good,"

He gasped dramatically as he placed a hand over his plaid covered chest. "You're still as rude as always. I think I look like I'm in my thirties."

I snorted this old man look like he's going to die at any moment. He don't look anywhere near his thirties maybe his nineties. And that's me being nice.

I tuned out their conversation as they began to talk about the difference kind of flowers he added to his garden. I took another gulp of my now lukewarm beer. I grimaced slightly, but still chugged it all down anyways. I pulled out my phone and checked for any updates from my team.

Nothing. Not even a single text from them. I frowned this is going to take longer than I expected. I didn't have long to dwell on this because a light tapping could be heard from my left side. I turned my head once I saw who it was and unlocked my door for her.