Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Now I have to get out of here. There's no possible way her sister didn't hear her piercing scream.

I distantly heard hurried foorsteps down the stairs so I turned around and made a quick exit through the door I previously went through. I exited the house quietly and swiftly as possible. I guess I'll have to take another trip down here to get to her sister. In no time I meet up with Anton and we get back in the car to escape the scene.

The situation left a bad taste in my mouth I hate having unfinished business. I sat in the passenger seat with a scowl on my face as I thought about the different ways I could've handled that situation. I should've just slit her throat as soon as I had my grip on her. I should've never tried to get a word in. I should've known she was going scream. I mean who wouldn't if some masked man is in their home..

I messed everything up, luckily I was smart enough to not leave my trace anywhere. So that crime won't be connected back to me.

"Caine?"

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name, I glance up at Anton tiredly. I wasn't in the mood to talk especially after what happened. I  wanted go to my room and figure out Plan B.

"What?" I sighed and he hesitated before he muttered. "Nevermind." I turned my head away from him and watched the scenary pass while my head was filled with turmoil.

"How can you tell me? I know for a fact color has a u in it," Shawn exclaimed while throwing his hands in the air. I rolled my eyes as I explained to him for the 100th time "Bro, only people in the U.K put a u in color. In America we don't spell it like that dumbass," I stressed with a huff. I shook my head at his stupidity. His brain is the size of a pea.

Shawn opened his mouth to object. "That's not true! Man, when I was in secondary school that's the only way we spelt it," He told me with a nod as if that justifies what he said

Lord how can one person be so dumb?

"Shut up you're giving me a migraine. I'm not going over this again with you idiot. It don't matter how you had spelt it. It wasn't the right way," I grumbled with a tinge of annoyance. I don't gave a fuck about this stupid conversation.

"I won this battle take this L," He joked with a goofy smile as he held his hand out to give me my "L". I shoved him playfully as Anton walked in my office with a slight smile on his face.

It's been almost a month after the incident with the Harmon sisters. I was mad about it for a while since that was the first time I had ever not succeeded in killing my target. But that's all behind me now. Especially, since I hired a hitman who got the job done for me. My busy schedule wouldn't allow me another trip down there anyways.

Those loose ends are tied and I've been feeling content. My clients have been paying me my money back. That's been keeping me in a good ass mood honestly. It means I don't have to keep doing trips around the world to find them and kill them.

Even under my good mood I can't but help to think of those pictures found in my windshield. It's still lingering in the back of my mind. I'm still clueless on who could possibly be behind it. I frowned and the guys pick up on it.

"What's wrong?" Anton asked me and I shook my head with a wave of my hand.."Nothing man, how about we go to the club? It's almost 8pm and I don't feel like doing anymore work. I need a drink," I told them as I put away the files on my desk.

Shawn and Anton both nod in agreement. "Aye why not? I need a break too," Anton agreed as he stood up to head towards my office door. Honestly, I just need a distraction and to blow some steam if you know what I mean.