Chap 12 - The Champions

Camp Olympia

As soon as Ker landed, Ambrose leaped of the winged horse and ran towards the infirmary. The seven landed a minute after and chased after him. In the infirmary, he immediately placed the injured demi-titan on an unoccupied cot. When an Apollo camper tried to heal Arianna with his healing powers, Ambrose pushed him away.

"You won't be able to heal her. Only Astéri can." Ambrose told him.

Ambrose shut his eyes and prayed to the star primordial.

"My lord, please help. Arianna has been hurt." Ambrose silently called out, in his head.

In a blinding white light, said primordial appeared and looked down at the peaceful girl resting on the cot.

"What happened?" Astéri asked.

"We were ambushed. We couldn't fight them off, so Arianna used her powers to help us escape." Ambrose explained.

The older being simply nodded and looked back at the girl. His eyes flashed white for a brief moment and suddenly Arianna bolted up, gasping for breath. Ambrose nodded his head in thanks at the primordial and went to tend to his recovering partner.

"Ambrose. Arianna. Gather all of camp and the rest of the Alphas later. There will be a meeting on Olympus." Astéri informed the two of them.

They nodded and the powerful being flashed away.

"You get some rest. We'll come get you when it's time to leave." Ambrose said, then walked out to where the seven were.

Ambrose saw the seven loitering around at the entrance of the infirmary. He stalked angrily towards them.

"You seven are a bunch of cowards! How could you run when someone is still left behind! She almost died because of your cowardice!" Ambrose shouted at them.

"Excuse me?! We are not cowards! She should have been honoured to give her life for us. We are the seven, heroes of Olympus. We defeated Gaea and saved the whole planet." Chad said proudly.

The remaining six demigods behind him were nodding and agreeing.

"Arianna and I have stopped intergalactic wars from happening, stopped bloodthirsty kings from annihilating. She is ten times the hero that you'll never be. You didn't defeat Gaea. Percy Jackson did. You seven are nothing but waste of life." Ambrose spat and walked away.

The seven, gobsmacked by what he said or more specifically the name he said, stood frozen and watched him walk away.

Time Skip

The campers and Alphas were huddled in the Olympus throne room, waiting for the gods and primordials to flash in. As they waited, seven particular demigods kept glancing at the majestic sword that was embedded into the ground.

"Give it up. That sword will never choose any of you." Ambrose said, without turning to look at them.

The seven could do nothing but glare at him. Out of the blue, flashes of white light caused the demigods and demi-titans to look away.

"It has come to my attention that there is some new demigods in camp. Would they please step forward." Astéri said loudly.

Five demigods hesitantly stepped forward and looked at the primordial confusedly.

"Now, could you all try to withdraw the sword from the ground." Astéri told the demigods.

The new demigods walked towards it but as one of them simply touched the hilt, the sword disintegrated into black dust.

"What did you do, boy!" Astéri shouted at the now shivering demigod.

"N-Nothing. I-I just t-touched the hilt." The demigod stuttered.

"Wait! My lord, there is something in the dust." Arianna shouted, saving the boy from being incinerated on his second day as a demigod.

Ambrose picked up the note and read it, "Thank you for the new sword. I'll be sure to test it out in our next fight. With gratitude, your most favourite person in the whole galaxy, Perseus."

"He's not our most favourite person in the whole galaxy." Chad shouted.

"It's called sarcasm you brainless idiot." Arianna glared at him.

"Lord Astéri, what are we suppose to do. Our only chance at winning is gone." Hermes asked.

"We will deal with it when we come to it. The purpose of this meeting is to pick our champions. We have watched over you and sadly only the seven have just, narrowly, passed the line of requirement. Sadly." Astéri said, expressionlessly.

"I will also choose a champion but it will not be one of the seven. They are not worthy of being my champion. I have decided even before we came here." Astéri added.

The light primordials looked at each other, waiting for one of them to start.

"Alright, I guess I'll go first." Pontus sighed. "I will chose...the wisdom spawn."

"Love spawn." Hemera said, pointing.

"Sky spawn." Aether choose.

"I'll take the fire spawn." Thalassa said.

"Death spawn is mine." Phusis declared.

"You, war spawn, you're coming with me." Tethys said.

In the end, all that was left was Chad.

"Someone HAS to take him. I can't and won't, I already have one. Or two." Astéri told the primordials.

The primordials looked at each other and suddenly each of them shouted, "Not it!", except for...

"Do I really have to?" Pontus asked, looking at Astéri.

Astéri stared at him.

"Fine. I'll take the stupid sea spawn." Pontus grumbled.

"Good. Now that that's all done, it is time to reveal my champions." Astéri announced. "Ambrose and Arianna will be my champions."

Said commanders were standing with mouths ajar, shocked at the revelation.

"Come now, it's not much of a shock is it? You two are the most qualified to be my champions." Astéri said.

The two demi-titans smiled at the star primordial.

"The champions shall spend a month with their respective mentors. After that month, they are to practise their newly acquired powers to familiarize themselves with it. Meeting dismissed." Astéri said, flashing away with both commanders in tow.

The rest of the light primordials did the same and the gods transported all the demigods back to Camp Olympia.

In Tartarus

"Son, it is time." Tartarus said, walking into the room.

Perseus looked up at his father.

"This is gonna be fun." He said, smirking sinisterly.

If you like evil Percy then this book is for you. This book is one of my favourites.
Wanted (Percy Jackson fanfic) by that_fangirl120