"What shall I do for you?" I asked, my voice still shaking.

He looked hurt before anger filled the thick alcoholic air. "Do you really think so poorly of your own father?" he roared, leaning forward.

"N-no, of course not." That didn't save me.

"You little slut, you're just like your mother." He fumbled up from the chair, trying to keep steady.

"I'm sorry, father." That only made it worse.

"You're sorry? You're fucking sorry! To hell with sorry, slut."

He hit me. Right on the cheek, letting it burn before he planted another one on the other cheek.

It hurt. I was filled with pain, but I didn't cry. I couldn't cry. I was already empty.

I gritted my teeth, clenching my sweaty fists. I wanted to do something. I wanted to throw him right out again, but I didn't. I was a coward and this were the consequences.

He kept yelling, but I really didn't listen. Tomorrow he wouldn't even be able to remember anything, so why should I.

"Go to your room, you worthless piece of shit." He tried to point to the stairs, but his finger was turned towards the kitchen. 

I gulped and hid my face behind my hair before I sprinted up the stairs. The tears had finally come and the pain was still overwhelming. 

It would definitely leave a bruise. And I had a hard explaining day ahead of me.

I looked in my mirror.

I really am worthless. Just like he said.

I'm a worthless piece of shit nobody really wants and still, I'm here. My mother doesn't know anything and my hero of a brother ran as soon as he could. Nobody cares. People may ask "how are you?", "how is it going?" But really they don't care, it just seems like it until they stab you in the back and walk a way with a smile dancing over their lips.

That's the world.

That's my life.

I threw myself on the bed, pressing my head into the pillow, hoping it would soak up my silent tears.

Slowly, I let a wave of exhaust overwhelm me and consume me in a deep slumber.

I had nightmares that night too. My father was beating me. He kept throwing punch after punch. Blood had filled my vision and in that moment I had wished for it to stop. For it all to stop, but someone had saved me. He had pulled me into another world in his warm arms. However, it turned into a nightmare again, when I saw it was Anthony.

I glided my fingers across my blue eye. It still hurt but wasn't that bad. I could just say I had fallen into something. 

It was Friday, meaning that the weekend soon would be dancing on me, making sure I would be flat when its show where over.

My mother would be home Sunday for about one to three hours. I would have to talk to her and she would try to listen without drifting into her papers.

My father would probably be gone the whole weekend, buying alcohol and new drugs.

I leaned my ear against the cold door. There came no sound from downstairs, so it was free to go.

I jumped down the stairs and strolled into the kitchen there looked like a hot mess. Junk food laid everywhere and chips had fallen to the ground. A single plate was shattered on the ground by the wall.

I sighed and threw it all out in the trash and then cleaned the floor so no one would get cut.

It didn't look good after either, but not bad, so I took what I could get.