"Hey! You were the one forcing me to go back to hotel with you. I was just being polite by not wasting another day of such a good vacation."

He raised a brow at me. "What's so good about this vacation?"

"Exactly. Nothing good. Since you're always at work," I rolled my eyes.

He crossed his arms on the table and leaned forward a little. "Say, if I don't go to work at all on this trip, what exactly would we be doing?"

"We'd be exploring," I shrugged.

A glint of amusement flashed across his eyes. "What do you wanna explore, Scarlet?"

His eyes bored into mine and I was speechless for a second as I tried to contemplate his words.

"Uhh--this," I motioned my finger around the place. "Places like these."

He nodded with an amusing smirk and leaned back as the lady brought our food and drinks. After setting everything on the table, she went back inside the kitchen.

I looked down at the well presented dishes, my mouth watering already.

I quickly served them in both our plates and watched him as he took a bite of the fish cake.

I saw his mouth lift up in delight but he quickly composed it and took another bite.

"Amazing, isn't it?" I spoke as I shoved a huge bite into my mouth.

He nodded slightly and continued eating. I took a sip of my beer and sighed in relief at the soothing taste.

We ate in silence and once we finished all the food, I ordered two more ginger beers and before Alec could fish out his card to pay, I gave her mine.

"Doesn't matter either way," I shrugged and let out a laugh.

He shook his head and leaned back, eyeing the two more bottles of beer.

I smirked at him and once the lady brought the card back, I picked up the bottles and got up. He stood up amd turned towards the exit but I took his hand once more and started walking towards the back of the diner.

"Where are we going?" He questioned.

"Come on," I spoke as I opened a door that led up to the stairs and started climbing.

"Scarlet, are we supposed to go up there?"

"Don't worry. It's a part of diner," I quickly went to the upper floor and stepped out in the balcony, looking ahead at the lush green woods.

Letting go of his hand, I turned to him. He was looking ahead in confusion.

I handed him his beer bottle as he looked at the chairs kept beside the railing. He started to walk over to them but I stopped him.

"Nah. Not there," I spoke and walked over to the railing.

A huge tree was standing right infront of the diner, it's large branches scattered around it with one of the branches as large as its trunk, perched right near the railing.

Yes! It was still there!

I smiled, remembering how Jimmy and I climbed over it to watch the sea hidden by the diner wall.

I placed the bottle down and climbed on the railing, grabbing the branch.

"Whoa. What are you doing?" His hands grabbed my waist in a firm grip. "Step off the railing."

I looked back and let out a laugh. "Trust me."

"No. I said get off the railing. You'll fall down. It's one floor, Scarlet," His eyes grew wide for a moment and I wanted to laugh again.