A tingle ran down my spine at the way he said it but I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh. "Keep bluffing, Sinclair."

I waited for him to frown but he just kept the smirk intact and looked ahead. The afternoon heat was at its full blast when we finally reached our destination.

A smile formed on my lips as I looked at the place where I had come with my family a lot of times.

Alec put on his sunglasses and removed his blazer in the hot weather. He rolled his sleeves up to his elbow and loosened his tie, opening the first button of his shirt.

My mouth opened slightly and as he turned to his side to keep the blazer back in the car, I shut my mouth and looked ahead.

"What are we doing here, Scarlet?" Alec finally asked when Kyle drove away towards the parking lot.

I looked to my right at the beach waves and sighed in relief when the hot breeze pushed my hair back. My eyes landed on the little restaurant held up on wooden pillars, concealing a forest behind it.

It was like a small quaint cottage, decorated in a messy manner as I looked at the dark rusty roof and bricked texture on the exterior walls with a few lanterns hanging above the threshold.

I turned to Alec, who seemed to have his brow raised at me.

Rolling my eyes, I took his hand and started walking. I half expected him to yank his hand free but it did not happen. It was actually surprising when he let me guide him to the place.

We climbed the wooden steps and I swung the door open, causing the bells hung over the door frame to chime.

Surprisingly, the place was half full and the few people looked up at the noise but went back to eating and chatting again.

It was a small diner, the light bulbs hanging from the ceiling must be providing the light at night but right now, the open windows allowed the sunlight to illuminate the place.

I made a mental note of coming here again at night some other day.

Spotting a corner table, I quickly walked over to it and sat down on the window seat, as Alec sat opposite to me, still running his eyes all over the place.

"Isn't it amazing?" I asked, looking outside the window to my right, the silver lining of the beach waves bringing a smile to my face.

A lady approached us with a welcoming smile and handed us our menus.

She left us alone and Alec started going through the dishes.

"They have the best fish cakes and macaroni pie. Trust me on this one, Sinclair," I spoke in ecstasy.

He looked up. "Okay."

"And have you ever tried the ginger beer? It's like a Barbados thing, atleast according to me," I shrugged.

I remembered how dad made me try it and mom scolded him for making me try beer but dad explained that ginger beer was a non alcoholic beverage.

Alec nodded once again. "Fine by me."

The lady came back shortly and I dictated the order to her. She quickly jotted the items down on a small notepad and went back into the kitchen through the double doors.

I turned to Alec, whose lips were pressed in a thin line as he looked outside the window. The little frown playing on his lips accentuated his perfectly chiselled jaw and he looked like a Greek God right then with the sunlight highlighting his sharp features and the wind pushing his hair back.

"Can you atleast smile a bit? I don't want people to think I forced you into coming here," I broke the silence.

His eyes turned to me. "You don't want people to know you forced me into coming here." He gave me a sarcastic smile and my jaw dropped.