What the hell was that then?

Sometime after getting up, dressed, and eating breakfast, they were checking out of the hotel. Dean was the one doing so while the other boy watched impatiently. The woman at the front desk, 'Bella' like it said on her name tag, seemed very flirty. From the looks of it she was trying to get Dean's attention by playing with her hair, acting coy, and showing cleavage. Wasn't working, so Castiel hoped. A stern look emerged onto his face. He never thought he'd be the jealous type yet there he watched quite angrily. She giggled over and over– this was taking too long.

"I'm sure the show was great! Maybe next time they're in town we could go together." Stupid girl giggled again. Castiel held his breath behind pursed lips to avoid snapping. He was so busy paying attention to her that he didn't notice Dean was slightly uncomfortable, "don't know."

"Oh, is this your little brother?" Bella looked over at Castiel all smiley. His left eye twitched slightly. Really? Little brother? If that hadn't just completely ticked Castiel off then what she did next would. Again, Bella leaned forward, boobs completely on display for everyone to see. She batted her lashes at Dean.

"He's not my brother, just a..friend." Dean awkwardly smiled at her. Just a friend? The word was harmless, yet managed to throw Castiel off. He thought they were a couple? They acted like one that's for sure. Was Dean embarrassed to call themselves a couple or were they really not a thing?

"We should really get going," Castiel interrupted bluntly, forcing a smile for the two to see. Dean noticed the false smile right away, but decided not to comment on it. "We enjoyed our stay, Bella. Thank you so much." He shook her hand and they walked away before she'd have the chance to reply. 

Until they were outside by their motorcycle, neither of them said a word. It was pretty obvious that what he said bothered Castiel. He couldn't take it back, even though he wanted to. The last thing he wanted and needed was for Castiel to be upset with him.

"I didn't know calling you a friend would bother you." Dean finally spoke, staring Castiel in the eyes. He hardly ever showed any emotion besides happiness, but right now his eyes were engulfed in sadness.

"What are we Dean?" Castiel whispered, gesturing the two of them together. There was hurt in his eyes, making Dean feel guilty. He wanted a relationship with Castiel, of course. But because their relationship would most likely not be okay with anyone they knew it'd have to be a secret. He knew if they became a couple publicly that Castiel's parents wouldn't approve, despite him having only good intentions. It would be hard for them or anyone, to understand the relationship and that wasn't good enough. Dean wanted them to be in an actual official relationship when they were ready to make their status known to everyone.

"It's complicated, Cas." He sighed, trying to figure out how to say what was lingering inside his head. Apparently he was too slow, because the younger boy was already jumping to conclusions. Thinking that Dean didn't want him as his boyfriend for many reasons. "So what you said about waiting for me was all bullshit? That promise you made to me, what the hell was that then?" The blue eyed boy wanted to cry as anger filled his body.

"It wasn't bullshit, Cas. I care about you very much and I want us to be together, just not officially yet." Okay, maybe that sounded better in his head.

Dean stepped closer to him, but Castiel turned away to grab his helmet.  Although the older boy had more to say, there was no point in discussing it anymore because Castiel didn't want to. Whenever they had some sort of small argument he'd shut him out completely and Dean could do nothing about it. Castiel stuck the helmet onto his head violently, the face shield hiding the fact that he was indeed crying. His body trembled a little as he climbed onto the bike and waited for Dean to do the same. He was so afraid Dean wouldn't want him. Even more so now that he loved him; admitting it to himself last night was hard enough. They had stupid arguments before, however that was before he loved him. Now any disagreement worried him, even made him more concerned about getting a broken heart.

Regardless of how Dean felt, he too put on a helmet and got on. He turned on the vehicle, frustratedly clutched the handle bars, planted his feet firmly on the pavement, then moved the kick stand with one foot. Of course he was frustrated, once again he had failed to get something across. And this wasn't the first time Castiel had a tough time understanding what Dean had to say. Sometimes Dean was just bad with words, which sucked, because he knew how inhibited the younger boy could be on his bad days.

Hesitantly, Castiel put an arm around him and rested his head on his back like last time. He silently wept into his helmet, clutching gently onto Dean's leather jacket. His heart softly twinged. It was a long drive back home to Kansas. Dean felt remorseful the whole way there. He could tell Castiel was crying, because his body would shake against him during every silent sob. It was awful; If he could comfort the boy, he would, but he would barely look at him when they got off the motorcycle. Not until they went inside the apartment to get the keys to the impala did he decide to speak. Castiel waited, arms crossed in the center of Dean's living room, while he disappeared into his bedroom to grab the keys. When he came back out, the teen finally looked him dead in the eyes.

His lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of his mouth. "I didn't let you finish back at the hotel."

A soft sigh of relief left Dean's mouth. He had the chance to explain himself. "I want to be in a relationship with you, call you my boyfriend or whatever, but I think that should happen when we're ready to tell people. I don't want to feel like i'm hiding you. "

The urge to cry came and went. "We're not dating now and basically hiding though, so why should it matter?" Castiel stuttered, somewhat muddled. "I gues-....I mean...okay, it's stupid. I don't know what I'm saying." Dean turned pink- Cluelessly reevaluating his earlier thoughts. Maybe he just thought too hard? "You don't need to explain, it's okay. Sorry for not listening earlier." Castiel relaxed a little while taking some steps closer to him.

"...You know what, Castiel, will you be my boyfriend?" This silly grin stretched across Dean's face and warmth once again occupied the younger boy's heart. He couldn't wait any longer, the sensation in his heart was ardent. And perhaps Castiel should have just said yes, but instead said something else, "I love you."

And that's the end folks,
JK!
There's way more on the way.
What's gonna happen next? Let's discuss it, leave a comment. 👀

QUICK QUESTION!! Should the next chapter start off with Dean saying a joke or should the entire scene be all romantic?

_
How is your week going so far?
Also, when does school start for you guys? I know that's coming up for many.

Xo, G