He promised

Hey, hello! I had some major writer's block making this chapter which is why I took long to update. Sorry.
I am also not a huge fan of this chapter, writing wise, but it's better than nothing. I tried my best!
BTW There will be some smut in this chapter, it isn't mild, ya know? But I still put in a warning.  I actually used the 'C Word' a few times and I hated it, but I also had no other choice. Anyways enjoy this update!
Love ya all
xo, G

After the dinner, Jody, Bobby, and Dean had left his house. The thing is, Castiel had told Dean drive about a block away and wait for him to show. So it wasn't long before the teenager was climbing into his vehicle. "Tell me again how you managed to leave the house?" Dean started laughing at Castiel who was cramming a bag into the back seat of the impala.

"I told her that Meg invited me over for a late thanksgiving dinner and that I'm sleeping over." The blue eyed boy snickered as he comfortably slipped back into the passengers seat.

"Baby, you sly dog." Dean gazed over at Castiel, the corners of his lips fighting a smile, his eyebrows slightly raised. Cheeks burning hot, Castiel tilted his head upwards then let out a short chuckle, "I'll never get used to the pet names."

Dean laughed to himself, now driving to his destination- home. "You should."

They quieted down soon after, enjoying the silence; Castiel noticed Dean's hand resting in between them casually. If he didn't know better, he'd say Dean was almost waiting for him to grab his hand. So the teen edged his hand across the seat until he felt his fingertips brush Dean's hand. Slowly, he let his soft hand slip around his until he could feel the heat of Dean's palm pressed against his own. Nothing else in the world could make the younger boy feel this special and safe.

They locked eyes momentarily before Dean gave his attention back to the road ahead. Castiel bit his inner lip, eyes full of emotion, suddenly thinking about earlier when they had fooled around. It was stupid, but he still felt a bit guilty that he hadn't been able to fully commit to Dean and have sex. Obviously Dean had been okay with it, he didn't expect it and he understood why Castiel hadn't wanted to. He didn't want it to be meaningless, it was meant to be special. Having sex in the bathroom wasn't anywhere near special, not only that, but Castiel wasn't in love with Dean. Despite having some very strong feelings for him, he hadn't reached that point. In truth they were both hardly beginning to understand it all- this relationship they had. If he came to the point of loving Dean, sex would be a passionate, intimate, and a beautiful experience. And he wanted that, just not now.

The teen didn't think Dean would recognized the anguish beaming in his eyes, however, he did. It was plainly there for him to see and he spoke before Castiel got the chance to, "What's on your mind?"

Castiel is all quiet and holding himself back a little from pouring out his feelings. He looked away, leaving Dean to become more worried and tense. A part of him knew what Castiel was pondering about; he sighed then squeezed his hand. "If you're still thinking about earlier...I don't want you to think you disappointed me or anything."

"I want to have sex, I had the urge, but I also don't want it to happen so bluntly and be worthless...you know?" Castiel's voice trailed off. Dean stared ahead, his heart slightly aching for him, "I get it, Cas. You don't ever need to be upset about that alright... We'll wait for the right moment, you'll know when you're ready and I'll wait for you until then. I promise."

He promised. Suddenly, Castiel's stomach was swamped with butterflies, "Okay." He smiled softly then scooted closer to Dean and stared down at their linked hands. Dean pressed a quick tender kiss to the boy's head and drove the rest of the way home. He loved this moment between them, it was really sweet and he wished it lasted longer, but not much after they were parked outside the apartment building.