Mojito

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing and mojito in your hand." Bar Rafaeli

~~

Zayn-

"Is the camera necessary?" he asked putting up his hand to block the flashes. He wanted the club to be a success but he did not understand why his publicist wanted him to do interviews, and photoshoots. It was a club, and he did not believe himself to be a celebrity.

"It is the first month of your club being open. If you want the name of the club, your company, and yourself out there in the public domain, the camera stays," his elderly publicist said pushing her glasses to the bridge of her nose as she stood behind the young photographer.

"But what if I want to stay anonymous? Let the club speak for itself," he tried to argue.

His father was the one who funded the project, sure, but he was the one who wanted to make it one of the hottest night clubs in London so he could one day break away from his association with the man and become his own multi million dollar company and be known for his own business knowledge.

"Why do you always need to fight me on things. Even when I was just your fathers publicist," she shook her head in frustration and tapped her stiletto heel. He smirked knowing he was going to win.

"Fine. Stay unknown," she threw up her hands and walked up to the girl with the camera attached to her face and whispered her dismissal in her ear.

The camera dropped from the young woman's face and he could see the agrivation in her eyes. She nodded her understanding and walked over to the small side table in the corner of the exclusive VIP section and tossed her large camera bag on top.

"Sorry," he shrugged.

"Yeah," was her simple response as she started to take apart her camera to put in the differnt parts of the bag.

"You are more than welcome to stay and have a few drinks. On me." he grabbed his drink off the table and watched as she lifted her head to the ceiling, rolling her eyes, and biting her lip in frustraion.

"No thanks. I have to go and explain to my boss why I am back from one of our highest profile clients with no photos, and no money," she shoved the last pieces of the camera a bit harder into the bag.

He stood from the soft velvet couch and walked up to stand behind her. He smelled the aroma of roses and realized it was coming from her. When she stopped to spin around a large waft hit him and it was intoxicating

"I didn't know. I'm sorry," he did actually feel bad for the girl.

"Ok," she nodded tossing her bag on her shoulder and started to walk out of the VIP section.

"Wait," he caught her arm before she could walk out.

She turned her head to look at him.

"Stay. I will pay you for the time you are here so you don't need to explain to anything to your boss," he spoke.

"Why would you do that?" her eyes went wide with surprise and even under the darkened lighting he could see the freckles that dusted right along her cheeks and nose. It was cute.

"Let's say I know what it is like," he shrugged.

"How's that?" She crossed her arms against her chest squinting her eyes.

"My dad may be extremly rich but it didn't mean he just handed me money. I had to earn it like everyone else. I am not about to cause someone else to lose some hard earned cash," he responded and took a step away from her, moving back toward his couch, "So relax. Enjoy. And drink until you can't anymore. Welcome to E.lix.ir."

Mindy-

She never thought she would be compared to a millionaires son, and there she was being convinced of the notion. Mindy never was one to just relax and have fun. She did what she loved, even if it did not pay well, and she worked her ass off everyday, and enjoyed it.

"What can our hostess get you..." Zayn trailed off waiting for her to give her name.

She looked him over and noticed his quaffed hair, dark skin, leather jacket, and dark jeans were trying to give off a bad boy vibe. and she found that it worked on him.

"Mindy. I don't know. What do you suggest?" She shrugged pulling her bag a little closer to her hip.

"We are known for a few drinks. My favorite being a mojito," he smiled. She thought his smile had a calm cool attitude about it. It was part of the charm he must have used to have people invest in the lavish club.

"Then I guess one of those," she stood in the middle of the VIP section awkwardly.

Zayn walked back towards her, grabbing her bag off her shoulder and then placing his other hand gently on the small of her back to nudge her towards the couch.

He put the bag down by the edge of the couch and sat himself down.

"Come on Mindy," he gave a small pat to the open space next to him.

"I don't know how I feel about this. I was always told to not get involved with tthe subjects of a photo. It could make things complicated," she took a step forward.

"I am no longer a subject of your photos remember?" he raised an eyebrow and again patted the empty spot next to him.

She felt out of place. How could she not. Beautiful women with mini skirts and low cut tops were walking around flipping their hair and getting every guy in the club to buy them drinks. And there Mindy was, in an oversized flannel, skinny blue jeans, and tan chunky boots.

She had been in a daze and what brought her out of it was a calloused hand grazing her forearm and reachign for her hand to gently pull. The haze in her mind settled to see Zayn was pulling her to sit. And with nothing more to argue she took a seat next to him.

"So tell me what got you into photography?" He asked with a glint of genuine intrigue.

"My father gave me one of his old cameras when I was younger and I really liked it and I started to take photography lessons in school and then once I graduated I got offered a job at a photography studio. I do freelance as well, but that really has not taken off," she shrugged still looking around at the different crowds of people.

The young hostess came back to the section and placed two dewey wet glasses onto small coasters. Mindy admired the clear liquid that bubbled around sprigs of muddled green leaves.

"Thanks Riley," He smiled up at the hostess.

"Anytime boss," she dipped in a curtsy and hustled away to tend to her other tables.

"You know all of your employees names?" She asked.

"Of course. I need to know who works for me. That way they feel more comfortable in the environment, and I feel more comfortable about hiring them," he grabbed the drinks off the table and handed one to her.

The condensation caused it to slip a bit but she grabbed a bit tighter and put the glass to her lips.

"We have to cheers first!" He hollered putting his glass up high in the air.

"Oh. Right," she took the glass off of her lips and lifted it up.

They clinked the glasses together and then took their first sips. The sweet nectar, with a hint of mint, made her eyes go wide in surprise. It was delicious, and she was not expecting it at all.

"This is delicious."

"I told you it was one of our best drinks," he smirked.

She felt her body loosen up with just the one sip. Maybe her boss was right. She did need to get out more. And maybe thats's why he gave her this job.

~~

Soooo....what do you guys think? Please comment and vote! pretty please? and I mean if you follow me too i would not be opposed to it!! I love keeping in touch with everyone!!!

Yes, Riley is going to be another character within this story. I am kind of pumped to write her next. I think i just might ;)