Chapter 18 // Epilogue

It's already the middle of August, and this summer has been amazing. I can't tell you how many times Damon, Quinn, Zach (Quinn's new boyfriend *gasps*), and I went to the beach. Or hung out. There wasn't a day that I wasn't with any of them.

My mom didn't stop by again after that night 2 and a half months ago. Yes, of course I miss her because she's my mom. But I think I have lived better without her.

The police did stop at Quinn's house because my mom went missing 3 weeks later. So they came to take me, but Melissa ended up stepping in and telling them that she would take me as her own. Then this whole confusing process thing happened, so now Quinn is my step sister!

Damon and I have been doing really well. We had a few disagreements but it was all about food, which we laughed at the end.

Right now, we are at Quinn's aunts cabin by a lake. It's Quinn, Zach, Damon and I. Quinn and I are on the deck tanning, while the boys were being boys and playing in the water. That is until we end up being drenched with water, and the guys laughing.

"DAMNIT DAMON" I yell at him. I stand up, and jump on him. Since we was too busy laughing, he wasn't expecting it. So we ended up falling. Damon is a good swimmer, but not when I'm attached to him.

He finally pulls us both up, and he just glares at me. I give him the inoccent look.

Zach is still laughing, until Quinn does the same, but she's screeching. Then Damon and I start laughing because of Zach's face when she did that.

This summer has been filled with smiles and laughter. And I don't think that I've ever been happier.

~~~~~~~~~

For dinner, we decided to just order a pizza. No one felt like cooking, but we were all starving.

Every night while we eat dinner and kinda of just hang out the rest of the night, we watch two movies. And tonight, it was my turn to pick a movie.

Of course I decided to pick the Conjuring. That one, and the Insidious Trilogy are my favorites.

When the movie starred playing, Quinn and Damon got excited, but Zach wasn't much of a horror movie type. He kinda just sat there, unphased by it.

I cuddled up next to Damon we we were both done with our food.

"You know what" Quin said jumping up from the couch. "Screw this. I'm going back to the lake to go swimming. If anyone wants to join, go right ahead." She walks to the bathroom to change.

I stand up, and grab my things and go to the room I'm staying in. I was about to take off my bra when Damon walks in.

"You are lucky" I say, as he moves to the bed.

"How am I lucky? If anything I'm unlucky." He flops himself on the bed.

"Oh shut up." I turn around and finish changing. He chuckles.

"You coming out to the lake too?" I ask.

"But I wanted to stay in here with you" He says, walking over to me. He snakes his arms around my waist, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"But I wanted to go swimming." I say in protest. I'm determined to go swimming.

"But I have an issue I don't like dealing with myself." I pull back and look at him, raising my eyebrows. He looks at me innocently. "Whaaaat. It's not like I can help it." I laugh, pulling away from him.

I start to walk away, before stopping at the bedroom doorway, "Take a cold shower." I say, and head to the lake.

He didn't even have to say anything, and I already know that he's just standing there shocked.