I create a sentence in my head, using Finns croaky voice and smiling softly, wishing he could have been there to actually tell me that himself.

The air inside the bathroom is damp and hot and even though the air conditioning and vents are audible they're not doing a great job at regulating the temperature.

I walk up to the sinks after fetching my little bag with bathroom necessities, taking a good look at myself through the mirror mounted above it.

Finns face flickers behind me for a split second, causing a new wave of shivers to run down my spine.

Okay, this is starting to get creepy!

Rushing to get ready, change and head back to my room, I don't even dare to look behind me or think too much of Finn but I keep wondering how his normal every day life would have been.

Did I ever see him? Bump into him accidentally or actually exchange quick glances or words with him?

No, I would have memorized these eyes. I would have fallen in love with them.

As I stumble back down to my room I catch a glimpse of my boyfriend entering and closing the door behind him. I suddenly have this feeling of being caught, like I cheated on him just now. But thinking about a dead boy doesn't count as cheating, right?

I softly knock against the wood, waiting for one of the two guys to let me enter. It's Martin who opens, smirking down at me, onlg now I realize how slouched I've been walking.

"I guess I beat you to your own room.", he jokes, wrapping his arms around me and resting both of his hands on the side of my hips, almost on my butt cheeks. He draws me closer, giving the spot he's holding a light squeeze when his lips connect with mine.

I'm oddly deep in thoughts even while kissing him which he must have noticed because he soon after broke it again to give me a concerned and maybe even irritated look.

"What's wrong? You're so absent.", he peels his hands off of me, crossing his arms in front of his chest and staring me down.

"It's nothing, I just didn't sleep well.", I try to push past him to grab my phone and keys but he blocks my way.

"I'll let it slip for now but we'll get back to it later.", he lifts his index finger as if to warn me or something. Why does he have to be this nosey?

"Fine but there's nothing to come back to.", I press through gritted teeth, finally being able to push past him and into my room where a judging guy awaits me.

"Everything alright?", it takes every ounce of self discipline to stay calm and not explode at those two words.

"Yeah, I'm just exhausted cause he was snoring all night and I didn't get much shut eye time.", I whisper with a small smile and a wink.

"Ah I see!", he chuckles, focusing back on his book as I grab my wallet, keys and phone, stuffing the first two items into my pants pockets.

Checking the time on my phones screen, I notice another message from Logan and I remember that I never actually replied to the video.

"You coming?", I hear Marty's voice from outside and I quickly put my phone away and rush outside.

"Yeah, sorry.", I mumble, eyes focused on a small spot on his black and white chucks.

"Baby, I'm seriously worried, you're never this quiet.", he reaches for my hand, taking it in his and holding it tightly.

"No need to worry.", I carefully rub my thumb over the back of his hand and smile up at him, receiving one back.

"Let's go get something to eat!", he exclaims with his usual cheery yet deep voice. It's nothing like Finns. Marty's is so much more mature, like he's at least ten years older than Finn.

We head downstairs and out of the building, right into the cold of the outside. I spot the McHayden twins, so do they and soon after jogging over to us.

"I heard you finished your painting and I wasn't the first person to actually see it.", Hanna crosses her arms in front of her chest and tapping her right foot on the asphalt.

"About that, it wasn't my fault though, he visited me without warning.", I pout, pointing at Martin.

"Uh I see, surprise se-", before she got a chance to finish her sentence, her sister interrupted with a slightly disturbed expression.

"Anyway, I'm sure you guys have places to be  so do we, or I at least.", Jenna sighs as her sister leans away from her at the mentioning of the word "we".

"Yeah, I'll see you two around.", I wave a quick bye before being pulled along by my boyfriend.

"Wait, there's something we need to do real quick.", he tugs at my hand, guiding me towards the artist home but sleeping into the space between the two main buildings, we used to hide here since not many people use the little path to get from one house to another. It's more or less private with bushes and small tress draping extra shadows.

"What are we-", I get caught off by his lips smashing against mine as he drives me against the cold wall behind me. Slightly off guard, it takes a few seconds for me to react before working my lips and tongue up towards him with almost the same intensity.

One of his hands reaches for my cheek, gently stroking it as the kiss slowly calms but maintaning a sense of force and power. Even after a year, my heart still pounds inside my chest whenever he pulls these surprise attacks on me. And I know he's enjoying it.

Martin breaks the kiss in order to lift me up and press my back against the wall, my legs automatically wrapping around his waist and arms holding onto his neck.