Chapter 8

I just sit there, staring at his face and the sudden change in his features, now that the brown eye is closed. How can this slight movement change his entire expression and make his face so much sharper and almost dangerous.

I gasp when a key suddenly turns in the lock, the door soon after flying open.

"Oh, you're still here.", the bright blond head of Leon enters, letting the door fall shut behind him.

"Ugh yeah, I'll be going though.", I suck in my lower lip, biting on it as well.

"You don't have to leave because of me.", the short boy flops down on his bed on the opposite side of the room, roughly 3 to 4 meters away from me.

"Hey, is everything okay?", he props himself onto his elbows, gazing over to me with worry in his ice blue eyes.

"Yeah, everything's fine.", I force myself to smile but the sad look on Finns face wouldn't leave my brain.

"You sure?", before I have a chance to answer, my phone vibrates, replacing Finns paused face with the sleeping one of my boyfriend.

"Hey.", I mumble, at least hoping I didn't sound too down.

"Everything alright? Did I wake you up?", he asks, with dozen voices talking incoherent words in the background.

"No no, I've been up but I didn't get ready yet. Are you you done with your readings for today?", I squeeze my phone in between my cheek and shoulder, gathering my belongings and waving a confused Leon bye as I leave their room to head for my own.

"Yup, even did my morning run and met Logan on my way back.", he chuckles, the background noise slowly decreasing.

"Which one?", I tumble down the stairs, my legs kind of sore.

"Klein of course. Kenneth is just as lazy and out of shape as you are.", the chuckle turns into laughter and i can't help but smile.

"You sure everything's okay? Ad?", I can hear his steady steps through the phone, wondering if we would meet in the stairway should I stop here. He wouldn't take the elevator, of course not.

"Yeah, I'm just tired. Where are we going to meet?", I ask to change the subject which earns me a quiet groan from the person on the other line.

"I'll be over at yours in 10 minutes, I just have to meet up with someone real quick.", I grab my keys from the pockets of my pants I'm still carrying, using those to unlock the door and enter the quite cold room.

"Hola!", I hear Mateos voice from around the corner.

"Hey.", I reply as I enter the actual room, smiling at the Latino.

"I'll be done when you get here.", I remove my phone, hanging up before he had a chance to retort anyhting.

"Going out again?", he asks, the light accent always tickling another grin on my dry and chapped lips.

"Yeah, lunch with the boyfriend.", opening my closet, I pull a random gray sweater out, deciding to just wear the same pants again.

"Muy bien!", he reaches for a book on his night stand, falling on his back and holding the now open book above his face. I wonder if Finn read a lot...

Quietly, I exit the room to head over to the bathroom, almost bumping into a guy who exited the milky glass door with wet hair.

"Sorry.", he glances down at me at the voicing of my apology.

"No worries.", swooshing past me, I lower my head even more than usually. I hate feeling this small.

Small isn't bad, though.