Blair's POV:

Mikaelson Compound

I sat on the desk in the study at the Mikaelson compound. Klaus was currently sitting at the desk as Elijah paced around in front of the fireplace, explaining our current situation with Lucien.

"And given the circumstance, Lucien qualifies as both friend and foe, and according to Freya's prophecy-" Klaus was cut off by Elijah.

"-You are to beware both friend and foe. But, let us not forget family, Niklaus." Elijah insinuated.

Klaus, clearly hurt by the insinuation, paused for a moment before shrugging it off.

"Lucien's two out of three. I say we put him down. Just like old times." Klaus stated.

"Just like old times?" Elijah said drolly. "Brother, I wonder who among our family do you suppose has the greatest predilection for betrayal?"

"Brother, please-" Klaus said becoming frustrated.

"Now, before we murder Lucien," Elijah said, interrupting Klaus once again. "There are certain questions that need to be answered. Chiefly, what is he doing here?"

Klaus remained silent, but looked at Elijah curiously.

"And the wolf venom... Why would he lie to you, his sire?" Elijah said, raising a brow at me.

Elijah picked up one of Klaus' larger paintbrushes and tossed it in the air before catching it several times.

"I'm afraid we might have to resort to something deliciously medieval here, brother..." Elijah sighed. "Sister."

"We?" Klaus smirked. "I take it you will lower yourself to associate with your bastard brother and sister?"

Klaus stood up to his feet, as Elijah smiled fakely at him.

"Have you finally forgiven Nik?" I asked Elijah, confused with them getting along all of a sudden.

"I will consider it..." Elijah shrugged.

Klaus looked pleased by this answer and smiled at him, but Elijah seemed not the least bit amused.

"...When Hayley forgives you, Gia rises from the dead, and hell freezes over." Elijah stated. "For now, however, let's just hope your little friendship with Lucien doesn't disrupt our mission."

Elijah turned to leave the room before saying one more thing. "Especially you sister. I recall you have a soft spot for the unwanted ones."

He then exited the room without another word. Klaus and I, both surprised and hurt by this reaction, just gaping in shock at Elijah's words.

My phone began to ring, bringing me out of my trance. "Hello?" I asked as i picked it up.

"Hey, its detective Kinney. Can we talk?" He asked. I had a look of shock on my face as I vamp sped away from Klaus, to my room where no one could hear.

"Ummm yeah, but how did you get my number?" I asked, frowning.

"I asked Camille but she said she didn't have your number the. I asked Vincent and he happily obliged." Detective Kinney spoke. "I figured since you were a help yesterday you could help me with a problem today."