LIZA/DAVID

LIZA'S POV

My eyes fluttered open. I felt arms around my waist and my back against a warm body.
I instantly knew it was David.
I smiled as I turned over to face him.
His arms tightened around my waist. His eyes opened.
"Morning beautiful," he whispered, still half asleep.
"Good morning David."
He pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead.
I tilted my head up, causing his lips to hit mine.
He smiled into the kiss and caressed my face with his hand.
We both slowly pulled away smiling. This was all i ever wanted in the world. Such a beautiful love.
Love.
The word played over and over in my head.

How could something so wrong, be so beautiful at the same time?

I knew it was real. Love. I knew that.
But I didn't know what real love actually felt like, coming from another body.

/flashback/
Freshman year

I was in my room one day. Alone. I laid there in my bed, think about the day before, and what the girls at school had said about me.

A knock came to my door. My mom stepped in.
"Liza? Sweet heart? Can I speak to you?"
I sat up and looked at my mom.
"Yeah. What's wrong?" I could tell she was upset about something.
"You are going to go live with you aunt in California for awhile. I can't keep you in this house with your father around."
I was in shock.
"W-What?"
"Once the divorce is final, i will be moving there with you too. Maybe you could start over Liza. New school. New life."

/end/

David sat up pulling me up with him.
"Your mom is gonna kill me," he said jokingly.
"I don't think so," I said smiling.
"She trusts you David, she knows you wouldn't do anything to hurt me. You've stay the night before."
"Yeah on the couch," he laughed.
"I don't think she has to know you slept in my bed."
He smirked. "I love it when you are bad." He kissed my nose and got up.
"We are gonna be late Liza," he said picking me up off the bed. I shrugged and he laughed, setting my feet on the floor.

DAVID'S POV

She stood there looking up at me. Of course I didn't want to go to school when I could lay in bed with a beautiful girl all day.
But i had to.
She walked into the bathroom, shutting the door be hide her.
I saw her clothes drop to the floor through the crack at the bottom of the door.
A shiver went down my spine at the thought with no clothes.

Stop David. She doesn't want that.

I shook my head and changed clothes. I had left some over here a few weeks ago and never got them back.
They were perfectly folded in her top drawer. I took the black jeans and white shirt out to reveal a gun under them.
I stepped back.
She had to have some type of defense.
She had told me everything about what her dad did to her mom. She was scared. She was prepared.

The bathroom door opened to reveal my beautiful girl. Her curls fell over her shoulders and flowed down her back. She had on black leggings and my hoodie on.
Seeing her in my clothes made happy.

School was awful except for the two classes I had with Liza. She and I joked the entire time at what the teacher was saying and how she said things.
I walked out to the basketball court and places my bag on the bleachers.
Liza and I met here everyday after school, and i would drive her home.
So everyday for four months, I sat there for at least two minutes waiting for her.

It had been thirty minutes. I called her.
"Liza? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I got held up in something. I'm on my way."
I smiled.

"Ok Liza, love you."

"Bye David." She hung up.
It was like she refused to say it back. She never said it back.
I couldn't be mad though. I was head over heels for this girl, so I didn't care.

Liza ran up the bleachers and threw her hands around my neck. I leaned in for a kiss but she pulled away. Which she usually didn't, and it scared me.
"David.. we can't do that anymore."
My eyes widened.
"What? Why?"

She looked down.

"I have a boyfriend."

My beautiful girl.