LIZA

I should have at least given him a chance. He was trying to be nice to me. He was trying to make a friend, and i pushed him away.

I laid there on my bed and stared at the ceiling. This was something i do all the time.
I liked to listen to music and space out. It helped me forget all that I've been through, like it wasn't real.

A knock came to my door.
"Liza sweetie? Theres a nice boy down stairs here to see you!"
What
I got up praying it was the boy that i rejected today.

I ran down the stairs and my eyes met his.
He had my student card in his hand.
"You dropped this," he said giving it back to me.
"Oh... thanks. How did you find out where i live?"
"It's on your card," he said with a smile.
I blushed and looked down. "Right. My bad."

He was still smiling.
"Well.. i guess i'll see you around.... Liza."

The way he said my name made me smile.
"Oh and I'm David by the way."

David.

"I guess I'll see you around..... David," i said playfully mocking him.

He smiled and walked towards the door. Soon enough he was gone. I walked back up to my room sat on the bed, continuing my ceiling session.

________________________________

The next day, i sat down next to David in class. He looked over and smiled at me.
I did this for the next couple of weeks, that slowly turned into months.
He would come to my house everyday after school, and we would have those wonderful ceiling sessions.
We would lay there, next to each other, listening to music, and not speaking.

Some times we would talk before and after, but never during one. That was the rule.

When one ended one day i sat up and smiled at him.
"You wanna watch a movie?"
He laid there while speaking. "Yeah of course."
He smiled and i put a movie on.
I laid there beside him, not touching. It wasn't uncomfortable.
Of course a little sexual tension was there, but we understood each other's boundaries.

I hated watching this movie with other people. I would always tear up at the sad parts. But I hadn't yet and was surprised.

I was focused on the screen and David sniffled.
He was crying.

I looked over at him and he quickly wiped a falling tear.
"Allergies," he said.
"David... you don't have to pretend around me."
He smiled and got a little closer to me.

Boundaries.

Our hands were right beside each other and our arms were not even inches apart.

The movie turned off and I began to sit up until David grabbed my shoulder.
"One more?"
I smiled and put on a scary movie.

I jumped at a few of the scary parts and David just giggled. Which caused me to laugh along with him.

Until one part, when i jumped, i turned into him, burying my head into his side. He pulled me closer to him instantly.
"It's okay Liza."
I pulled away once I realized what was happening.
"You okay," he said putting a hand on my waist.
"Boundaries David."
"Fuck boundaries."
He pulled me close to his chest and I didn't resist. I was extremely comfortable in every way.
I looked up at him, and he looked down at me.
His eyes full of care..... and love.

Love isn't real.