DAVID

"Love isn't real."

Her walls were built up so high. She was broken and trued to hide it.
I can read people like that. She was hurt in some way.

"Liza. Why would you think that?"

"Love is something you only dream about. Thats all it is. A dream. If there was actually any love in this world things would be a lot better."

She sunk back into her seat. I just watched her.

"Liza.... may I speak to you after class?"

"You asked me for my opinion, and I gave it to you. What more do you want," she scoffed.

"Liza, watch your attitude. I'm sure you don't want to head back to where you came from."

Liza looked up at the teacher. "That doesn't scare me."

"Liza. Out. Now."

Liza stood with no hesitation. She grabbed her bag and walked out.

And she was gone. I wanted so badly to follow her. To go after her, and get to know her. But i know she would push me away.

Soon enough the bell rang and and after a few classes it was time for lunch.
I rushed to the lunch room and Alex sat with me at a table.

"Who is that Liza girl," i asked, eating a fry.

"Oh right. You don't know about her. You see you got here when she was away in Juvie."

"Juvie?"

"Yep. You don't want to be around her. She'll chew you up and spit you out."

I looked over at where she was sitting, alone.
She had rested her cheek in her hand as she propped her arm up.

God she was gorgeous. Wait what?

"Take a picture, it lasts longer," Alex whispered.
"Shut up man."

"I mean i don't blame you. She is quite the looker. But I wouldn't touch that diamond if i were you."

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.
"Maybe you should go get a life Alex."

"I have one, and I'm not stupid enough to let some bad girl ruin it," he said and laughed.

"She won't ruin it Alex."

"Whatever man."
He continued eating. I looked back to see Liza was gone. I had missed my chance. My heart broke a little.
She doesn't even know your name. Chill.

She couldn't be that bad....

Could she?