Lost

N.G (p.o.v)

I have been living on alone for years after losing everybody I loved and cared about.

Well... almost all of them.

All my life, I was afraid of this happening. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it. But look at me now. My life has changed. It is not lonely, it is free. I realized that I have always wanted this, not this way but it's God's plans. I never thought it was bad though. But it all ended up to take me into another life...full of people. You never really know what's comin' to ya after all.

My name is Nouela Grace Connolly but I prefer my initials N.G Usually, people in my circle are the only once I allowed to call me that. But for now I have none.
Anyway. I am 26 years old.
(a/n: in fact 18 but that's the fanfic)

and I lost my family and best friend two years ago.. In a car crash.

I used to live in Florida but I moved to Boston. I wanted to forget everything and start over. I had a job as a singer. Another side thing I do is teach fitness dance and it's really fun.

Right? It was fun.
But.. No such good thing comes easily. This was my dream. To reveal my talents somewhere they'll be appreciated.

I've had my first job when I was eighteen. I remember being so enthusiastic about having a job since I was very little. When I was in highschool, I wanted to be independent, to earn my keep. And be helpful to others.

I took the first chance to work as a secretary. It was the only thing available for me after so much searching. I was done with high school and have applied for the faculty of applied arts. One of my hobbies was to draw.

There was only one week left for my college to start when this job was offered. I didn't hesitate, having no idea that my schedule at college would be pretty full.

It was offered by a friend of dad's, an engineer. I tried to look for jobs myself and spotted an offer for a writer. I loved to write and when I took the interview, I realized they wanted me to write "exciting" stories about toys. Adult toys if you know what I mean. I blocked the company's manager right away. It was an online interview.

That's why I took my dad's offer. I was young and inexperienced to depend on myself just yet. But after one month of working as a secretary and a few days before my first salary. My boss, who's a civil engineer and 22 years older than me.. he told me he's in love with me. He hinted that he wanted to marry me.

It wasn't right. Firstly, He was just starting his first ever project and didn't have a home. I'm not a gold digger. He just happens to not be responsible. I believed it was the main reason why he wasn't married yet.

Secondly, he didn't even speak to my dad. Although as "friends" he should've. He had nothing to fear. That's assuming he's brave at all.
I was terrified. No one ever dared to show interest in me like that. Sure, I know I'm attractive. But I never let anyone in. I just wasn't ready. After a discussion with my parents, I decided to stay at that job. A crappy decision, of course. I decided to tell him "nicely" that I refuse. He took it very well. But I was never comfortable ever after.

When the day came for my first salary, I was expecting 200$ . My dad told me that this was what he said. It was not much. But I accepted.

As the first month passed, I have done more than my boss expected. I was very good at my job and I made myself proud. He appeared to be very generous, so I expected he might make my salary higher.. Maybe 250?

But I was shocked when the day came, and he only gave me 100$.I was so angry. I barely had time for him, my college, my courses that were also to help HIM! and this is what I get?!