Chapter 34

Alex's P.O.V

So...Kieran bit off his own thumb. Klaus was now holding down Father Kieran as I answered my phone. It was Hayley. "Bad timing." I said to her.

"Someone bombed the Bayou." Hayley said and I turned away from Klaus and Father Kieran.

"What? Are you ok? Is Jackson ok?" I asked her.

"Yeah we're ok, other people not so much."

"Hayley, where are you?" I asked her.

"I'm in the city now. I'm fine. I figured an attack like that must have been Marcel. He's hated the wolves for years, and after that stunt he pulled with the witches... So, I tracked him down. Thought you might like to get Klaus and help me kick his ass for trying to blow us to kingdom come." Hayley said and I chuckled.

"Would you get him out of here now, please? Make sure he remembers nothing." I heard Klaus say, then I saw Josh escort the doctor out of the room.

"Hey, listen. I promise you, once I am finished here, you'll have my undivided attention. If I don't come, I'll meet you in the Bayou. But, please stay out of trouble. I would never forgive myself if you got hurt." I begged her.

"You don't have to worry. Elijah is with me." Hayley said and hung up. I sighed as I put away my phone. Well, she just lied to me. I turned to Klaus and he seemed worry.

"What happened?" Klaus asked and pushed Kieran down further into the bed. I watched him scared, then looked back up at Klaus.

"Someone attacked the wolves." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, love, but I can't help feeling happy that you weren't there." Klaus said and I rolled my eyes. Then walk up to them.

"Lets deal with this first."

~

Klaus turned Kieran and I sat with Cami waiting for him to wake up. Klaus went downstairs to wait for me. "I have to go." I said to her and she looked at me.

"What happens next, after he wakes?" Cami asked and I sighed.

"He'll be in transition. All he'll want is blood, but Klaus will be back before then." I explained to her.

"He's gonna be furious with me. He's a priest. I turned him into a vampire. What kind of desperate move is that?" She asked me and I took her hand.

"You know as well as I do. He would never have gone through with it. Turning him wasn't the goal. It was to give you a chance to say goodbye." I said to her and went to leave.

"Alex," I turned to her. "Will you stay just a little longer?" She asked and I considered it for a moment.

"Of course." I said to her. A little while after, by that I mean a few hours, Kieran woke up.

"Cami, what happened? The hex... I could feel it, like a living thing inside of me." He looked at his hand. "It's gone." Cami was so happy, she hugged him and started to cry. He then noticed his other hand, where he bit off his thumb. "Oh! Oh my god!" He said.

"Yes, you've had a trying day. How best to break it to you? It appears the hex was broken by your death." I said to him and he looked at me.

"Back up. I died? For how long?" He asked me.

"A few hours, give or take." Klaus said and I looked at him as he walked up to us.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't lose you, not like that. I made Klaus give you his blood." Cami said to him.

"I see. So the devil has a deal for me, after all." Kieran said to her.

"Uncle Kieran... that hunger you feel, it'll only grow stronger." Cami explained to him.

"I know how it works." He said.

"Then you know if you do not feed, you die." I said to him and he nodded.

"I know if that's the choice that I have to make, I'm dead already. Please leave me with my niece. I'd like a private moment to talk with her." Kieran said to us and I nodded at him.

"It's okay." Cami said. Klaus and I began to walk away. "Alex," I turned around to Cami. "Thank you for today, for being here." She said to me and I nodded, then left with Klaus.

~

Klaus dropped me off at the Bayou and I saw Ollie talking to everyone. What the hell is he doing, building an army? I walked over to Hayley and she looked at me. "What going on?" I asked her and she sighed.

"He's building an army." Hayley said and I sighed. Well that answers my question. She turned to me and I saw her tears.

"Hayley, what's wrong?" I asked and checked her out, to make she wasn't hurt. She looked at the shack then to me, but didn't say anything. So, I ran in and saw Eve laying there. "Eve?" I asked and kneeled beside her.

I checked for her pulse and got flustered when I couldn't find it. "She gone, Alex." I looked up and saw Jackson. I felt tears fall down my face and started to cry.

"No, no, NO!" I yelled and looked at Eve. "This wasn't supposed to happen." I said while crying.

After a few minutes I got up and started pacing around. I walked over to a table and leaned against it. Then I sighed and began to hit the table, and soon swiped everything off of it in one go. Crashing was all that could be heard and I stared at the pile in anger and grief. Hayley then ran in and over to me to make sure I was ok, to make sure the babies were ok.

That's when I broke. I felt the same way I did when Alaric died, and I feel to my knees crying. Hayley kneeled with me and brought me into her arms. She rocked me back and forth. "It wasn't supposed to be this way." I whispered as I sobbed. Hayley just shushed me and tried to calm me down as I cried. 

Eve wasn't supposed to die. 

No one was.