Chapter 28

Alex's P.O.V

Eve and I waited for the full moon to rise and we watched as Jackson and the pack, in their wolf form, came out. Jackson changed back to a human, got dressed, and took the herbs from my hand. He mixed it into the stew as it boiled above the fire. We smiled and the rest of the pack gathered around us.

We fed the herbs to everyone in the pack around us. As they finished we watched the full moon with everyone from the pack. The clouds started to cover the moon and in any minute now, they would turn back into wolves if the cure didn't work.

The clouds covered the moon completely and nothing happen to the pack. They remained human and cheers of joy on being human again broke out around us. Jackson and I hugged and I felt a tap on my shoulder. I saw Hayley in her human form. We hugged and laughed.

"We did it!" I said to her.

~

(Her Outfit ^^) Jackson and Hayley drove me back to the compound, after I changed clothes

(Her Outfit ^^) Jackson and Hayley drove me back to the compound, after I changed clothes. I watched Genevieve get in her car and leave. Well, I guess Klaus made his move. Now I hope to god he trust that everything I'm about to say is a lie.

I walked towards his voice and heard him talking to Elijah. They were bickering about something as usual. I stood closer to the door waiting to make myself know. I hated that I couldn't tell Elijah the truth. But for Genevieve to believe it, Elijah had to as well.

"And what of Alex, then?" Elijah asked and I started to think of things that made me cry.

"I imagine she's with her pack right now. Rejoicing over the fact the curse is broken." Klaus said to him.

"Do you plan to tell her that you had an affair with Genevieve?" Elijah asked, as if knows his answer. If only Elijah knew it was my idea, that I made him do this. Fake tears were running down my face.

"No" Show time.

"Well," I stepped from around the corner as Klaus and Elijah turned to me. 'Tears' were running down my cheeks and I took a deep, but a shaky breath. "I guess I'll just leave then." I said to them.

"Alex -"

"No," I said firmly. "No. You don't get to speak." Elijah didn't move to leave. I think he needed to stayed unless I needed help getting out of this situation. Klaus tried to walk towards me, but when he took one step forward I took one back.

"Please, let me explain." Klaus begged and I laughed.

"So, what? I can forgive you." Klaus stayed silent. "I've forgiven you for everything! I acted like it wasn't a big deal, when it was breaking my heart! And you never noticed did you?" Thank god I read all those sad quotes.

Klaus looked down guilty. "I'm sorry." He said.

"Sorry doesn't cut it this time."

"Please, you have to let me explain." Klaus pleaded with me as he took two steps towards me. And I took two back. "Darling, please. I had to. To protect you and our children."

"Get the fuck away from me!" I yelled at him. "You're telling me that you slept with another woman to keep me and our children safe?" Klaus didn't say anything, but had one single tear running down his face. Please, please, please remember that I don't mean this.

"I'm sorry." Klaus said. All I could think about was, if my heart was truly really hurt...what would I do?.......I would get angry.

"Stop saying that!" I yelled. "I know you're sorry and I want to forgive you -"

"Then why don't you?" He asked as he walk towards me.

"Because I feel everything so very deeply for you, so it's both a blessing and a curse." I explained to him and he looked down. "I just - I just need time." I went to walk to the door. I felt something grab my wrist and I turned around to see Klaus in tears.

"Just know that everything I did, was never meant to hurt you." He whispered to me.

"But you did hurt me. I thought I could trust you, but it was all lies."

"I wasn't lying when I said I love you all those times." Klaus said. I wanted to hug him, tell him I forgave him, and explain to Elijah what just happened. But I couldn't. The way that Klaus looked at me though, it was like he was actually losing me and trying to hold on.

"I know you're trying to hold onto me, but you can't without breaking me into smaller pieces Klaus." I explained to him. "And I can't tell anyone because they're too happy to have to deal with my problems."

"You can tell me."

"I thought so." He looked up at me. "But I'm not sure anymore. I take care of everybody Klaus, but who takes care of me. Damon and Stefan aren't here for me. Hayley's dealing with the werewolves. I have no one. So I'm done...." I saw Elijah out of the corner of my eye confused. "I'm done with you and your family's bullshit, ok? I'm done!"

"You still need me. You need me to protect you." Klaus yelled. This fake fight was become too real, but I had to play it out.

"I was doing just fine on my own before I met you Klaus! So I'll be okay on staying alive. But everything else, I won't. My heart is not ok! My trust is broken! I'm hurt and I just need time. Just- just give me time." I said and turned away from him. I opened the door and walked through it.

"I'm sorry." Klaus said and I closed the door behind me. I leaned against the wall, having real tears come out because I hate fighting with the people I love.

"I'm sorry too." I whispered and took a few deep breaths before heading back to the bayou. Walking away from the one good thing in my life.

~

Hayley approached Jackson with me by her side. Jackson hugged me and I hugged him back. We both watch Oliver and another wolf sparring and wrestling outside. "Shouldn't you be out there playing Fight Club with the rest of the frat boys?" I asked him.

"Nah. That's just for pecking order." He smiled. "They already know who's the Alpha." He said and I smiled.

"Ohh! Next up!" The werewolf who won said. Jackson, Hayley, and I went inside, where the rest of the Crescent wolves are setting the table for dinner.

"You gotta try Tucker's ribs." Jackson said and I nodded. Ok.

"Then, what? Then we're gonna go play horseshoes?" Hayley asked and I laughed.

"Hey! Don't mock country living, darlin'." Jackson said while laughing.

"Sorry. This is just a lot more family fun than I'm used to." Hayley said and I held her hand.

"Well, maybe I can help you get used to that." I said and she smiled at us. Oliver walked in and joined us.

"Then all we got to do is just forget that she spent half her life with humans, and the other half with vampires. Also that Alex is an ex-Hybrid and carrying Klaus's children." Oliver said and I looked at him.

"Ollie, back off." Jackson said protecting us.

"It's okay. If the runt of the litter has got something to say, he should say it." I said to him and he laughed.

"You know, word from the Quarter is your buddy Elijah's holding some kind of power summit. Guess who wasn't invited?" Oliver asked.

"Where did you hear this?" Hayley asked and he shrugged.

"It doesn't matter. The point is that we're stuck out here living in the swamp, while your vampire bestie's deciding who gets what in the city. But, I guess that shows how much respect he's got for the werewolves, huh?" Oliver asked and I sighed.

"I'm going." Hayley said and I grabbed her arm.

"No." Hayley and Jackson looked at me. "Stay here with the pack. I'll go." I said to her and she nodded.

"Fine." Hayley said and I left.