Chapter 19

Alex's P.O.V

Damon, Stefan, and Klaus have actually been trying to bond with each other. I think Damon and Klaus bonded more then him and Stefan did, but they are being nice to each other at least. I was sitting outside looking up at the night sky with my brothers. I was sitting on the steps that lead up to the house in between both of them. They drank bourbon while I drank some water.

"You know, I was in a dark place, guys." Stefan said to us.

"And Katherine pulled you out of it. Irony abounds." I said and looked at Damon. "You know, whatever's going on with you and Elena...you need to fix it. She's the best thing that ever happened to you, brother."

"You think I don't know that?" Stefan was now looking at him. "I can't live without her, but when you think about it, I'm no better than Katherine. Elena will be happier without me." Damon said and both Stefan and I gave him an "are-you-serious?" look. Damon saw this and got defensive. "What? I'm being selfless. Don't give me that look."

"We're not giving you a look." Stefan said.

"Katherine-fricking-Pierce has a selfless moment, I'm not allowed to?" Damon asked and I shrugged. "Fine...fine...When I get Elena back, and the whole universe freaks out because the fated doppelgängers are torn apart, just remember you two...you're the guys who pep-talked me out of doing the right thing for the universe and all mankind." I nodded and looked at him.

"We'll keep that in mind." I said and Damon looked at me.

"You do that." He said to us.

"Anyways, how the hell are you even pregnant?" Stefan asked me and I laughed.

"Thank you for waiting until it was just us three." I said and they smiled at me. "Umm...Well I was kidnapped by witches when I found out, along with Hayley. She been looking for our pack, actually I take that back, we found them. They're just cursed...but we're working on that."

"I can see why you wanted a hug." Damon said and I nodded.

"Yeah, well, in order to answer your question...I guess it's because I was a Hybrid and Klaus is a Hybrid. Which means we're both werewolves and since we are, we can have children?" I said not really knowing. "In other words it's one of mother nature's loopholes."

"What do you mean "was"?" Stefan asked and I sighed.

"I'm human, little brother." I said to him and he looked at me shocked. "Trust me I'm still coming to terms with it as well."

"So, you're human." Stefan said to me.

"Yes."

"And you're pregnant with twins." Stefan said and I nodded.

"Yup."

"Well I guess that means that those children growing inside of you, they are as much of a Mikaelson's, as they are a Salvatore's." Damon stated and I laughed.

"Thank you for not fighting with him today, by the way." I said to them and grabbed both of their hands.

"Your welcome and we know he's just trying to protect you and his children." Stefan said and I smiled.

"I love you guys." I said and Damon wrapped an arm around my shoulders. He pulled me to his side and kissed my forehead.

"We love you too." Damon said and Stefan looked at me.

"Wait! Who's the godfather to your children?" Stefan asked and I shrugged.

"I'm letting Klaus choose that for our daughter, and I'm going to chose godmother. Then he choses godmother for my son and I choose godfather for him. It will probably be Caroline for my daughter's godmother though, since Rebekah already her aunt." I explained to them. "As for godfather? Let's see who wins."

"We need to talk to Klaus." Stefan said to Damon and he nodded at him while I laughed.

"You do realize that you guys have Elijah to go against if either one of you wants to be the godfather of your niece, right?" I asked them and Damon laughed.

"We know, little sister." Damon said and I smirked. "But may the best uncle win." Damon then got up and began to walk inside while Stefan and I laughed at him. Stefan helped me up and then we followed our older brother inside.

~

"Have we really gone through four bottles of bourbon today?" Stefan asked as the three of us walked inside. I went to sit next to Klaus on the couch.

"Why are you so shocked Stefan?" I asked him. I noticed Tyler was here and we just nodded, but didn't say anything to each other. Though I did notice the death glare Damon gave him.

"Alaric!" Jeremy said out of the blue and I looked to where Jeremy was looking.

"Ric's here?" Damon asked and I waited for Jeremy to say something.

"Where the hell have you been? I thought you bailed on us to go find peace, or something." Jeremy said and I smiled. Today has been perfect.

"He's talking about me, isn't he?" Damon asked and Jeremy sighed.

"He says you're a dick. Also that Klaus shouldn't lock you, Alex, up in a house again. Even if it's for your own safety. He says you were slowly going insane." Jeremy said and we laughed.

"Thank you!" I said to Alaric and pointed it out to Klaus. Klaus just rolled his eyes at me.

"Cheers, buddy." Damon said and drowned his drink. Bonnie then looked over somewhere.

"Katherine.." Bonnie said.

"Ding dong. Does that mean the witch is dead?"

~

Everybody left and before Caroline did I told her she was my daughter's godmother. She was so happy and I could tell Klaus was ok with it. Damon and Stefan were the last two people I had to say goodbye to. They were helping Klaus load the car up with the things I wanted to bring back to New Orleans from the attic.

"So, Klaus." Damon said as Klaus shut the trunk. Here we go... "Who's the godfather of my niece?" Klaus laughed before looking back at them.

"Elijah." Klaus answered.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed and Stefan laughed. Damon seemed sad that he wasn't godfather. "Hey! Damon look at it this way. You still have a 50/50 shot at begin your nephew's godfather, ok? Plus you'll be her favorite uncle if that helps." I said and he nodded.

"You bet I will." Damon said and smiled down at my belly. Klaus kissed my head and got into the car. I hugged them both and said goodbye again. Then got into the car with Klaus.

"My little wolf." Klaus said and I leaned over to kiss his cheek as he started the car up.

"My big bad Hybrid." I said and he smiled at me as we drove home to New Orleans.