Chapter 18

Alex's P.O.V

Klaus was downstairs checking on New Orleans. We left Elijah in charge. Also, he was seeing if Rebekah could help speed up the process of finding Matt. I was walking upstairs with Liz to Stefan's room, where Katherine was. 

She was so happy about the twins and I thanked her for all the tips she was giving me. She also told me to call her if I ever needed her and gave me her number, since she got a new phone. We walked in to see Damon holding a pillow over Katherine's face.

"Put the pillow down, Damon." I said and he looked at us over his shoulder.

"Alex..." Damon said and I gave him a look to shut up.

"If you kill her, it's murder. I'd have to bring you in, lock you up...there's all that paperwork..." Liz explained and walked up to him with me.

"Every awful thing I've ever done is linked to her. She taught me how to kill. I don't enjoy it. She ruined me and I can't take any of that back." Damon explained and I frowned. I walked up to him slowly and place my hand on his hand that was holding the pillow.

"I know. She did the same thing to me remember? But look at how much control she still has over you, Damon. Over me. Let's prove her wrong." I said and he looked at me. He gave me a slight nod and I took the pillow from him. I gave it to Liz and she placed it on Stefan's desk.

Liz left the room as Klaus came upstairs to join Damon and I. He looked at Katherine and I shook my head. Dying sucks. We sat down next to the bed and watched Katherine. She opened her eyes and jumped when she saw Klaus and I.

"Hey Kat, what's up?" I asked her.

"What is he doing here?" Katherine asked and I looked at Klaus, before looking back at her.

"Well, Damon informed Alex and I about you dying. And I knew how much Alex missed her brothers, so I thought it would be a great get away from all the problems in New Orleans." Klaus explained and I smiled at her.

"And he didn't want anything happening to me since I'm pregnant with his kids, but you already knew that...didn't you?" I asked her and she sighed while rolling her eyes.

Liz walked back upstairs and saw the three of us. She had something in her hands and I assumed it was to help with the pain. "Here are the sedatives from the hospital. It should help with the pain." Liz said. Katherine was going in and out of consciousness.

"I don't want them. They make me weak and when I'm weak, they can get inside my head." Katherine said when she came to. She wasn't talking about me. I'm human again. I can't get in her head. But that didn't mean Damon and Klaus couldn't.

Klaus waved at Katherine and Damon put a finger to his temple, then pointed it at her, to mimic what she said. "Okay. Suit yourself. They're right here if you want them." Liz said and laid the syringes on a nearby surface. She looked at me and I shrugged.

"I'll keep them in check." I said to her and I saw Damon roll his eyes, along with Klaus.

"Still looking for Matt? Any word from Elena?" Liz asked Damon.

"We're not on a speaking basis." Damon said and Liz looked confused.

"Didn't you hear sheriff?" Liz looked at Katherine. "He was so afraid to dirty her white dove feathers that he let her little wings fly free. And it was all my fault. Oops." Katherine said and smiled at Damon. Damon grabbed one of the syringes Liz laid out and roughly jabbed it into Katherine's arm. He turned to us and shrugged.

"That'll make her shut up for a while." He said and Liz gave him a look before leaving.

"Alex is in charge!" Liz yelled and I laughed as Katherine drifted off to sleep. But soon I saw a memory and I assumed that Katherine was showing it to Damon and I. It was about when she first came to Mystic Falls. Her memory ended and I turned to her.