Chapter 11

Alex's P.O.V

Tyler walked back into the shack after Dwayne's transformation. He gave me a grim look, and I looked shocked. "It worked, didn't it? He's a hybrid." I asked him. I'm still a Hybrid, sort of? He died with my blood in his system, then fed off me. There is no way he couldn't be a Hybrid.

"If Klaus gets a hold of you, if he gets those kids...He wins." Tyler said thinking that I finally understood the point he was trying to make. And I did. But my daughter and son still had the right to know their father and I would stand by that belief forever...But it didn't mean I couldn't trick Tyler.

"Then help me hide the babies from him! Help get back home to my brothers and Caroline! Bonnie could do a spell to hide them." I begged him. Tyler walked over and picked the knife up off the floor. "Help me run away from this family, Ty!"

"He'll find you! Your brothers, Caroline, Bonnie, won't be enough to stop him." Had to try. "He'll take your kids away from you, and he'll make more hybrid monsters. Slaves who do everything he says." Tyler said and I looked at him terrified. Wait, they wouldn't be sired to Klaus. They be sired to the kids. I have the upper hand now, and now I just have to talk my way out of this.

"Tyler, whatever you're thinking of doing, there has to be another way. You're not like this!" I said to him. Tyler shook his head and continued to walk toward me, I stabbed him in the gut with the broken chair leg. Tyler screamed in pain and pulled the stake out.

"That was stupid!" Tyler growled at me and started to walk towards me again. Please, help me! Dwayne rushed in moments later.

"Get away from her!" He yelled at Tyler.

"What do you care?" Tyler asked.

"I said get away!" He said and pushed Tyler away slightly.

"You got what you wanted, now get lost!" Tyler said getting annoyed with him. I was right he is sired to me and the babies since I'm carrying them.

"Dwayne, he's gonna kill me!" Dwayne looked at me. "And he's gonna kill you, too! He said that hybrids are too dangerous to live! You need to stop him!" I said in, what sounded like, a desperate tone.

"SHUT UP!" Tyler screamed at me.

Dwayne came behind Tyler and tossed him across the room. Tyler landed on the floor, and when he got up, Dwayne ran to tackle him. I saw that Tyler dropped the knife within reach of me, and I used it to cut myself free. Then I ran like hell.

~

I was still running as fast as I could through the woods, Tyler's knife still in my hand, and stopped to hide behind a tree. As I caught my breath, I heard someone approaching me. I braced myself, readied my knife, and turned to attack, but saw it was Damon. Damon held my hand steady to protect himself because I almost stabbed him. Thinking he was Tyler.

"Sorry little sis! Klaus thought you were in danger. It appears he was mistaken." Damon said with a smile. I sighed in relief and lowered my arm. Damon checked for any wounds and I looked at him. He looked at me and I hugged him.

"You will not believe day I'm having, brother. Also what are you doing here?" I asked him as I pulled away, and he looked at me.

"Klaus called said you were kidnapped. But don't worry I left Stefan in charge. Let's get you home." Damon said and turned to leave. Tyler. No, I can't let him die! If I do I'll never forgive myself. I stopped Damon in his tracks.

"No, wait! Tyler's going to die." I said and Damon looked at me confused.

"Alex he kidnapped you. We're not saving him. And I'm sure Klaus will enjoy killing him, along with Elijah." Damon said to me. He tried to lead me home again, but I pushed him away.