30

Zoey

I watch as Bella and Gabi's eyes light up at all the different animals. I felt bad because Zayn couldn't be here to witness their smiles.

"So how are you feeling?" My mother ask as the girls run in front of us.

"Fine" I mumble "you?" I squint at her.

"Zo you know what I mean" she scolds.

I huff " nothing is wrong its just-".

"Just what?" She pulls me back.

"Can we not talk about my relationship right now? Because in all honesty I called because I can't control both Gabi and Bella in a public space" I say turning to look for them.

My mom purses her lips and continues walking, "mumma come look" Gabi calls.

I turn to my mom and then walk over to to where the girls are standing. I look at the two lions play fighting behind the glass.

"I think lions are my favorite" Bella smiles waving at them.

I smile "what about you Gabi?".

She looks up at me and squints "probably a giraffe".

I sigh in content and grab both girls hads walking to the next exhibit. "Isn't that a pretty bird?" My mother coos at the peacocks.

"Yeah but I learned in school not to scare them" Gabi says smirking.

And I chuckle.

×××

That night I tuck the girls in kissing their head causing them to stir slightly.

I softly close the door and huff rubbing my temples, I slide down the door and softly cry into my knees.

I cry in confusion and stress, what could I be doing wrong?

Sure on the outside my relationship seemed fine but it was the little things that were causing it to fall to pieces.

I hear the front door close I quickly stand up wiping my eyes and breathing deeply. I walk into kitchen spotting Zayn back as he rummaged the fridge.

"Hey" I mutter my voice small, he quickly turns in surprise. He face changes to a smile when he sees me and I do my best to give him one in return.

"Zoey are you okay?" He walks over to where I was standing. I back up slightly and he quirks a brow.

I chuckle "am I okay?".

"Thats really funny isn't it?" I bite my lip.

"Zo I don't quite get it, what's wrong?" Zayn walks up to me and I look away.

"You keep doing this" I say harshly, "you keep leaving me and at this point it doesn't even matter your daughters miss you".

"I know I'm sorry" he tries to hold my hand and back up completely this time.

"You say that everytime what am I suppose to do anymore Zayn? Your gone for 'work' all the time, does that make any sense? Your a singer not a fucking lawyer or some account were you should be out this long" I start to raise my voice.

"Are saying that I'm cheating on you because I'm not" he states calmly.

"No! I would never think that it just god Zayn what the hell are we doing? We never do much together I haven't even said 'I love you' in weeks, and the fact that every time I have plans for us as a family you opt out" I mutter starting to cry.

"Babe you know I love and I'll do better about time, just please don't" he says crying too.

"I need a break, please just for now I just can't" I say looking up at him through my lashes.

"Fine" he mumbles wiping his eyes and pushing past me to the stairs.

"I'm sorry" I whisper as he passes.

"Me too" he says harshly and I hear him go upstairs.

I hear the bedroom door slam and I flinch going to the guest room, I throw myslef on to the bed clutching the pillow tightly.

Eventually crying myself to sleep.

×××

I wake up the next day with a pounding headache from all my crying. I pout at the memory of last night groaning into the pillow.

I check the time on my phone and shot up and the time, it was one in the morning and didn't get the girls breakfast or lunch.

I quickly get up and run upstairs when open their bedroom, seeing both beds empty.

My heart races as I go to the kitchen to find a note on the island.

' I woke up the girls and got them dressed. Don't worry I took the girls out to lunch and the childrens museum' xx Zayn.

I breath a sigh of relief and smile softly at the note. I was happy he finally took them out.

There wasn't much I could say for are relationship right now but I was content.