26

Zoey

"So I was wondering Zayn does anyone in your family have blue eyes?" My mother asks as we all sit in the living room.

Zayn smiles "yes actually my little sister".

My mother smiles "I find it amazing your daughters got that recessive gene" she smirks, my mother was a doctor specializing in DNA and RNA research/ human studies.

"It skips generations I'm guessing as you don't have them" she ponders.

"Mom can we talk about something more...I don't know normal?" I chuckle.

Zayn laughs intertwining our fingers "what are you pregnant?" She laughs and my father tenses up.

I look at Zayn "no, probably never again I'm mean two is enough" I say.

"I mean I would definitely want a son" Zayn looks to me, I stare hard letting him know now is not the time to fight me on this.

My father clears his throat "please don't push my daughter to give you offspring" he says through grutted teeth.

"Dad please" I try to stop him " no Zoey this man is bad for you do you not see that, he got you pregnant so you wouldn't leave him" he bellows.

"Honey that's makes absolutely no sense now cut it out" my mother says.

"No I can't do this anymore, he's awful and I don't want to go where I'm about to go with this but-" I stand up quickly.

"Don't you ever go there, he is my boyfriend and father of my children don't you dare ever disrespect him, his race, his religion. Because I swear to you that you will fucking regret it; my children are upstairs trying to sleep and I would not be pleased if they caught their grandfather saying lies about their father okay?" I growl.

Zayn quickly takes my hand pulling me out of the room. "Are you crazy, what was that?" He smirks.

"I love you okay" I say hugging him "I love you too; but you didnt need to do that for me" he smiles.

"You have my back I have yours" I smile.

×××

My parents leave and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry" I say quickly "for what" he quirks "just my parents are crazy" I roll my eyes.

"No worries babe I know your father is a little..." He ponders.

"Racist and fucking crazy why do you think I never saw him, its not just because he was always busy I purposely avoided him" I laugh.

"Zo even for you that's crazy" he laughs with me.

"And you know my brother and sister?" I say walking over to the sink and start rinsing the plates.

"Yeah" Zayn mutters taking a plate from me and placing it in the dishwasher.

"My mom hates their kids and get this she can't even stand my brother because he's just...dumb and my sister she's one of those creepy soccer moms I can't be in a room without her telling me about a new recipe she got from her neighbor Pam or telling all the clubs and sports I should put the girls in" I huff out laughing loudly.

Zayn chuckles wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm glad we're the normal ones" he whispers in my ear.

I turn around resting my arms on his shoulder. "Baby we're far from normal".