1

Today was the day, the day that I Zoey May will audition for Malik records. I worked so hard on this song this day was so important to my future. I couldn't function properly, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep nothing.

I walk slowly to the giant glass doors of Malik records. I walk in standing frozen in place taking in my surroundings; large glass windows brought in natural light, tall ceilings with extravagant chandeliers hanging down, and granite counter tops.

To say I didn't fit in was an understatement, My plain white tee that was tucked into my black leather mini skirt was nothing compared to the well dressed prim and proper men and women scurrying around the building.

"Hi, I'm looking for-" I was cut of by the receptionist " Mr. Malik and the record label level " she groaned, she must hate her job I thought.

"How did you know" she smiled " only recording artist would dress so plainly to meet with Zayn- I mean Mr. Malik" the words fell out of the woman's mouth causing her smile to drop.

"Level 3" she pointed to the elevator " thanks" I muttered.

××

Zoey's pov

" hey, I'm Zoey May I'm looking for Lukas Maine " I smiled to the man behind the desk " third door on the left, good luck" he smiled back " thanks" I said turning and following his directions.

" Third door, third door- , ow" I said hitting somebody, looking up I come face to face with Zayn Malik him self " oh my gosh I am so sorry" I said backing up " no my fault" he smirked " are you Zoey May" he smiled " uh yeah" I blushed.

" Perfect, follow me" he said turning and opening the door.

" How has your morning been" he asks sitting down " nervous, I mean fuck-" I mumble.

" Uh God I'm so sorry" I repeat for the second time today.

" Don't be sorry, we're all adults here" he grins " isn't Lukas Maine supposed to listen to my track? " I question looking around.

" I'm Lukas Maine" he gestures towards himself. " What?" I say my face twisted in confusion " I use a fake name to keep random people who are talentless wannabes from coming in to disrupt actual talent.

" Oh smart" I say feeling so stupid, " so should I like sing now" I question " um obviously" he grins.

" Okay I'm singing an original" I mutter standing up " go on" he gestures with his hand.

" I wanna try something all night" I start.

"Don't know your name but I really don't care"

"Probably should wait but I wanna let you go there"
××

" The way you looking tonight only one thing comes to my mind"

"When the lights come on at two I'll still be moving with you"

"You'll be looking at nobody, just my body"

"Don't know your nam-" I start to continue but I quickly cut off.

"I don't need to hear anymore" he says plainly, he probably hates it.

"Don't worry I liked it, loved it actually" my face starts to form a grin.

"Really?" I squeal " I mean really" I say calmer.

"Yes but the question is will you join artists such as Justin Bieber, and Alessia Cara" he beams.

"Absolutely yes I've wanted this my entire life thank you so much!" I say sitting down to sign the papers.

I finish with my signature and stand up hugging him quickly.

"You won't regret it" I say walking out squealing to myself.