part 9

Mordecai tried his best to stay by Rigby's side during the whole process at the hospital, but sometimes the doctors had to make him wait outside.

Mordecai paced as he was once again sent out of the room.

"Dude chill." Muscle Man chided. "He isn't going to die. The doctors have this covered."

Mordecai stopped pacing and looked Muscle Man dead in the eyes. "He's my best friend. I have a right to be worried."

"Look man, I never said you didn't. I just said the doctors have this covered. You need to have some faith in them." Muscle Man held his hands up in surrender.

Benson came running through the corridor.

He stopped just before Mordecai and put his hands on his knees, doubling over to pant.

"Benson?" Mordecai asked, surprised. "Why are you here?"

"Because one of my employees is in the hospital." Benson answered, straightning up. "I was worried as a good boss should be so I came here to see if he was alright."

Mordeaci smiled.

A nurse opened the room door. "He's all situated if you wish to come in and see him." He offered.

The trio walked into the room.

On the bed was Rigby. He had an IV in his arm and oxygen tubes in his nose. There were sucking cup things all over his body to take his vital signs.

"His fever is going down slowly but surly so he should be waking up soon." The doctor said, scribling something down on her clipboard.

Mordecai and Benson both let out a sigh of relief.

"Told you, you have nothing to worry about. The doctors have it covered. They know what their doing." Muscle Man put in.

---

Sorry this chapter is so short, i wrote it in one day and that felt like a good stopping point. Please forgive me!