part 2

Rigby did eventually manage to doze off, but he woke not too long afterwards with his stomach rolling dangerously.

He swallowed harshly and wiggled out of Mordecai's grasp, needing to get to the bathroom before he puked on his friend.

Mordecai woke up with a confused noise as Rigby dropped to the floor and scurried off. He glanced at the clock. 2:34 in the morning. A feeling of dread wiggled its way into his stomach and he threw his covers off, hopping up to follow Rigby to make sure he was alright.

He didn't have to go far, as the raccoon was only in the bathroom, leaning over the toilet as his stomach revolted.

"Dude!" Mordecai called, rushing to his side and dropping to his knees so he could help in any way he could. His drowsiness gone and replaced with worry.

Rigby moaned and whined, bringing up more of his dinner. A hand - er - wing started rubbing his back as he got sick.

"If you're sick like this then I should call Benson, tell him you need a day off. You can't work like this." Genuine worry evident in Mordecai's voice.

Rigby would have responded if it weren't for the torrent of sick pouring out of his mouth. Instead however, he coughed and whined before heaving again.

He finally managed to breathe some when the smell of his own puke made him get sick again. It was disgusting and painful and he just wanted it to stop.

"Hey, it's okay, don't cry. I'm right here, I went let anything happen."

Why was Mordecai trying to console him? He wasn't crying now, was he?

He heaved again and a tear fell into the bowl. Oh. He was tearing up because of the strain of puking.

He quickly wiped his tears away and flushed the bowl so the smell wouldn't make him puke again before he fell back into Mordecai's arms.

"Woah." The bird muttered under his breath as he was suddenly forced to hold all of Rigby's weight.

He quickly shifted his friend so he was laying down rather than hunched over, and placed the smaller's head in his lap, gently stroking his sweaty fur. "There we are. You're alright. You're alright."

Rigby couldn't figure out why Mordecai was being so gentle. Sure he was sick but Mordecai was never this kind and gentle with anyone. Especially not Rigby. They were best friends they weren't kind and gentle. That was for people who were just friends. And it defiantly wasn't for either of them. They weren't gentle in nature.

Rigby would kill Mordecai if he was just being nice because he was sick.

He didn't have any more time to think about it because another heave wracked his body and he was forced to scramble back to the toilet.

That's when it hit him. Mordecai had never seen Rigby this sick he was worried.

Oh man. This was going to be a long night...