part 7

Rigby woke up when Mordecai slipped out of bed to continue working.

Rigby would have loved nothing more than to just go back to sleep, but he found he couldn't. He couldn't figure out why he wasn't able to go back to sleep. Maybe he had slept too much already? Could one sleep too much when sick? Rigby didn't think so...

In any case he figured maybe his fever had gone down because he wasn't as cold as he had been earlier. Which was a good thing.

Bored, he wiggled out from the covers.

Suddenly, he was over come by chills. He slipped to the floor and wrapped a blanket around his shoulders before hobbling out the room and downstairs.

Mordecai was sitting on the couch and goofing off, playing a video game.

Rigby grabbed a nearby trashcan and carried it over to the couch. Setting it down on the floor, he crawled on the couch and sat beside Mordecai, watching him play but not really retaining anything that was happening on screen.

"Hey Rigs. How you feeling?" Mordecai asked, obviously preoccupied with his game.

"A little queasy but I'm not as cold as I was earlier so I guess that's a good thing." Rigby yawned. "Aren't you supposed to be working?"

"All that's left for me to do is wash the dishes and mop the kitchen. I'm fine."

"Whatever." Rigby leaned on Mordecai, finally feeling sleepy again.

Rigby suddenly heaved. He quickly grabbed the trashcan from off the floor and heaved into it.

Mordecai paused the game and worriedly rubbed the raccoon's back.

"Woah dude are you okay?" Mordecai asked in a worried tone, setting the controller down.

Rigby gagged and spewed the partly digested chicken noodle soup into the bin.

He vomited for a good ten minutes before it was all out of his system and he was left panting.

Mordecai took the bin into the kitchen and washed it out before returning and placing it on the floor in front of Rigby's feet.

Rigby was hunched over, both arms around his stomach. "Sorry Mords." He whispered, afraid to make his voice any louder lest another fit of heaving take over him. He had nothing left to bring up that he knew of but he was still nauseous.

"Its no problem dude. I just hope you'll be well soon. I hate seeing you like this." Mordecai sat back down gently as to not upset Rigby's stomach any further.

Rigby leaned onto Mordecai's arm, seeking warmth as he was suddenly very cold again.

Mordecai startled when he felt the extreme warmth coming off of his best friend. "Holy crap dude!" He looked at Rigby in concern.

Rigby made a tired sound of confusion.

"You're burning up!"

"No... I'm cold... There's-" He cut himself off to yawn. "There's no way I'm 'burning up' if I feel so cold."

"Stay right here." Mordecai instructed, getting up gently.

"No Mordecai come back!" Rigby whined.

Mordecai gave Rigby a worried look before going off to find the thermometer.

When he came back, Rigby was sitting with his head between his knees. "Rigs?"

Rigby looked up, dazed. "Yes?"

"I need to take your temperature." He sat back down gently and handed the thermometer to Rigby who took it with shaking hands and placed it in his mouth.

Mordecai sat patiently for the device to get a proper reading.

Once it beeped, Mordecai took it from his friend and read it. "Rigs... Your fever has gone up really bad. It's now at 103.2."

Rigby nodded. "That's pretty hot."

"If it gets any hotter I'm taking you to the hospital."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want your brain to fry."

"Oh." Rigby yawned again. "Can I sleep now?"

"Sure dude. Get all the rest you need."

Mordecai placed a wing on Rigby's head when he sat his head down on Mordecai's lap. "Sleep tight, bro." The bird said, getting back to his video game.