"I feel you. Don't mind me, i'm just sounding like my grandma. You can say whatever you want to."

"Speaking of grannies, you never really tell me about ya family."

She glanced at him quickly, but nonetheless kept her mouth shut.

"I mean uhh, it's just cause I feel like I share so much about myself and my life that I think I should let you talk about yourself a lil." He explained.

"If I wanted to talk about myself I would." She stated, not meaning to come off with an attitude.

"Oh.. shit, igh." He was a little taken back by her reaction.

She laughed a little and shook her head. "I'm really sorry, that was just.. rude."

"Nah you're good."

"No.. I just," She cleared her throat a little. "What I meant to say was that I prefer to learn about others. I honestly don't like talking about myself. Gives me a little anxiety I guess."

"Nah, it's cool. You don't know a nigga like that and I don't know you like that, so you not obligated to tell me anything you don't want to."

"You right, but now I just kind of feel bad, cause it's like I force so much out of you and have you telling me so much about you, yet all you really know about me is that I'm 22 year old Monica from Boston."

"Listen," He came to a stoplight and he looked at her, grabbing her attention. "I'm not mad ma. If you don't want to tell me shit, then that's your choice. You'll open up about what you want when you're comfortable with it. Honestly, just coolin with you and talking is great on its own. You don't got to tell me shit , but i'll still enjoy your company regardless."

She stared back at him, her mouth slightly open. She was kind of in shock. She never met anyone as understanding. Maybe she was making it seem bigger than it was, but a lot of the boys and men she dealt with weren't as easygoing and understanding. All her life she dealt with controlling, pushy people, so it was nice to deal with someone that was different for a change.

She smiled at him and nodded her head, keeping their intense eye contact. "I'm starting to see that 'dashing black king mixed with a lil Trey Songz and Prince' that you were talking about."

He chuckled and turned his eyes back to the road to keep driving. "Now you just tryna be funny."

She laughed, clapping her hands. "No i'm so serious."

"Mhmmm, keep playin wit me and I'm dropping you at the subway with the rats."

.....

Chris and Monica finally pulled up to the surprise place he was talking about. He got out of the car and ran to her side to open her door. She got out, thanking him and eyeing the place they were at. "Chihuly" was written at the top of the big building. She got a little excited because she knew it was something related to art.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"We in the Bronx at Chihuly New York Botanical Garden. It's a place with displayed artworks by Dale Chihuly. It has like mad gigantic art pieces and stuff that he made. It's better at night, but I already have something planned for later."