Chapter 10

Hallelujah's POV

A black car has been following me for the past 10 minutes since I left home for the coffee shop where I work and its starting to creep me out but I still feel somehow safe because the alley is not that deserted with at least one or two people still passing by on their way to work and as long as it remains like that I don't think whoever that is in the car can do anything yet..........right?.

Feeling the vibration of my phone on by rib where my hand bag is resting on, I pull it out to see Stephens picture, the one I saved for his calls.

Breathing out a breath of relief I swipe to answer and put it to my ear.
"Hey Stephen"
"Hi, please am I speaking to Hallelujah James?" an unfamiliar voice asks making me to pull the phone from my ear to confirm that it was Stephen's number.

"Yes, who is this, why are you with Stephen's phone and how may I help you" I say frowning confusedly

"I'm Mrs Brooke, a nurse from the QST hospital, Stephan Banks was rushed in this morning due to a fatal accident and is currently undergoing surgery, but his father Raymond Banks asked me to call you and inform you of the news".

"Okay, thank you very much, I on my way right now, thank you". I say hanging up with tears streaming down my face and running to the nearest bus stop, but also noticing that the car was speeding towards me, not long after the car stopped and 3 hefty men in black suits cane out of the car and started running towards me.

Picking up my speeding with tears already running uncontrollably down my cheeks and my lungs screaming for me to slow down and catch my breath, it wasn't long before they caught up to me and started carrying me back towards the black car that was now packed by the side of the road.

Trashing widely, I cry out "Please, please help, help me".
Realising that I was just wasting my breath, I start to reason with them "Okay, please let me go, don't kidnap me, at least not today, I have to be somewhere now, you can come back tomorrow and I will willingly follow you.......please just let me go now, please". Noticing that my pleads was falling on deaf ears, I decided to keep quiet and calm myself down by continuously reassuring myself that 'everything will be alright'.

Putting me in the car, not having any strength to fight anymore I willingly oblige and sit still and let them cover my eyes before the car started moving to only God knows where.

         *******************

After about 3 hours of sitting in the moving car with my derrière literarily frozen, the car came to a stop and I was pulled out of the car without any idea where I was being lead to.

    Grasses brushing my leg during the long walk for about 20 minutes, I was pulled to a stop and the piece of material was removed from my eyes to find Raymond Banks staring right at me with a smirk of victory on his face.

Blinking my eyes repeatedly and using my fingers to rub it slightly, thinking it was a dream or my eyes playing tricks with me, but after opening my eyes again I am still met with a smirking Raymond.

"You are behind this?" I ask looking at him in confusion.
"Yes I am" he says

Moving forward to stand directly in front of him, I start rambling, "How is Stephen, the hospital called and said he was involved in an accident, I was on my way there when they kidnapped me, please take me to see him, is he alright?"

"Oh, he will be okay, just a few broke ribs and surgery is being carried out on him as we speak due to a very severe concussion and as long as he will never see you again  but all in all, he's going to be alright" he says brushing it off and trying to cover up the visible pain in his grey eyes.

Turning around suddenly, he faces me with an angry expression on his face, he says "I warned you to leave my son, but you wouldn't listen, do I decided to pay you off, but you would not bulge, now I have realised that I have to take matters into my own hands and that's what I have decided to do. To keep you away from my son by force".

Hunched by the shoulders and sobbing uncontrollably, i start to beg "Please Raymond, please take me to Stephen, let me just see him one more time and then you can take me away from him, please I just need to tell him that I love him. If only i could see him one more time."

"Nonsense" he says turning around and walking away " boys carry on".

   Two men still dressed in black suits come toward me and pinned me down with another coming forward with a syringe in his hands.
Struggling as best as I could with two hefty men pinning me down, which was a futile effort, the other man injected me and left me on the floor, and soon I started feeling drowsy before everything went black.