Chapter 9

Stephen's POV

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fuming with anger right now. How could dad do that to me, I know he has never really supported me in any decisions regarding my life since mom's death when I started drinking but that was then and I am very serious about Halle, and i just wanted him to be on my side to support me just this one time and not the other way round.

Parking my car outside my father's house I open the gate and jug down to the door, I know he's inside cause I his car is parked outside.

After knocking for several minutes without answering, I go to the backyard and find him sitting under the shade with a cup of wine in his hand.

"Dad......"
"Hello son" he says cutting me off purposely and smirking slightly after.
"Dad how could you?" I ask fuming with anger.
"How could I what?" He asks feigning innocence when he very well knows what I am talking about.

"Dad how could you offer Halle, the only woman that I have ever really loved money for her to leave me, do you really hate me that much?"
There was a moment of silence before I realised that I just said I loved Halle, and I'm not surprised cause it is true I really love her, but I can't tell her that just yet its still too early for her and not to scare her......."

"Insecure much? Besides she does not love you son, can't you see that its one sided and that she is only with you for your money." He says bringing me out of my thought.

"Dad, you don't know a thing about Halle. If you would just take sometime to know her better you will realise that she's really something precious, something different and nothing like those other girls our there."

"Nonsense, if only you had picked one of my friends daughters that I have introduced to you" shrugging slightly.

"Dad those girls you know are snobs, disrespectful and not wife material how could you even tell me to marry one of them, I'm sure you want your only child dead before forty. Because I won't even allow my enemy to marry one of them. Dad Halle means so much more to me and please don't try that stunt again or else...."

"Or else what?" He asks cutting me off again, which is beginning to get on my nerves.

"Or else you won't see me anymore,nor your grandchildren" I say smirking daring him to call it a bluff.

"Are you threatening me" he asks standing up and slamming his cup of wine on the table with half of the red liquid pouring out.

"No I am not, I am only making a point and telling you the truth" I say turning around and walking away not waiting for his reply and before I will do anything that I was going to regret.

Authors note.
Hey guys...long time no see....yh I know its been long...I was dealing with some issues and I didn't just feel it coming, but all is well now and i will be updating more frequently.
I know the chapter is short but the next will be better

Vote...comment.
Love you guys always

Yours,
Sosiego.