Chapter 9: Our Love Is Divine

Start from the beginning

Travis rolled up the sleeves of his trench coat, storming towards Dante. I held my hands together nervously, as he was ganged up on by multiple people, including Dante and Aaron. I gasped, as Travis is forcefully shoved to the ground, continuously getting kicked. I ran over to them all, pushing all of these little asshats away. That was until, the insults continuously flooded in...

"Freak!"

"Slut!"

"Psycho!"

"Slut!"

"Punkass!"

"Slut!"

"Freak!"

"Slut!"

"Psycho!"

"Slut!"

"Punkass!"

"Whore~!"

Finally, the faculty intervened. The students who had harassed Travis and I were pushed away by teachers and staff members. I knelt down beside my boyfriend, looking him over. A dark, large black eye was present, on his once pristine face. Cuts, bruises, and all of the sorts littered his body as I checked him over. He even had a small amount of blood dripping from his nose...

"Travis, are you okay?" I asked, through blurry tears.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," he answered, with a slight groan as he sat up. He looked me over, cupping my cheek with his hand. "How about you, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm awesome," I lied, as the tears decided to now fall down my cheeks. "...I'm sorry about the waterworks."

Travis, using his thumb, wiped the tears from my eye. He leaned my forehead against his, gently holding the sides of my face. A small sigh escaped his lips, after he placed a small kiss against my lips.

(***)

"They made you cry, but that will end tonight. You are the only thing that's right about this broken world," he stated, moving his hands from my face, to my waist. "Go on and cry... But when the morning comes, we'll burn it down and then, we'll build the world again... Our love is Divine."

Travis let go of me, slowly standing up. He turned away from me, folding his arms over his chest. I stood up along with him, resting my hand on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I asked again.

"I was alone," Travis shakily sighed, turning back around to face me. "I was a frozen lake... But then you melted me awake. See, now I'm crying, too."

But I don't see any-

"You're not alone," Travis cut off my thoughts, holding my hands in his.

"You're not alone~" I echoed.

"And when the morning comes..."

"And when the morning comes~"

"We'll burn away that tear, and raise our city here!"

"Raise our city here~..." I once again echoed, as Travis lightly kissed the top of my head.

"Our love is Divine," we spoke, holding each other, as if this was our last night together.

~

I patiently waited, as my phone rang. I leaned against my headboard, as Travis was seated against the opposite end of the bed. Finally, someone answered.

"Yeah-lo?" Dante's voice answered, a bit of enthusiasm in his voice, for some unknown reason.

"Hi, Dante," I started, twirling the cord of my phone in between my finger. I heard whispering on the other end, probably Dante talking to Aaron. I waited a second, before continuing. "I was just wondering... How did you know it was always a fantasy of mine, to have two guys at once?"