Guilt

Plot: The team is sent to a cave to retrieve a gem for the ship and must split up and there are some interesting plants in the cave.

"OK remember once inside the cave you must all keep an open comn and it may go off once you venture deep enough. But beware of the green plant that has the five tear dropped leaves.  That plant, if you even brush it with your bare skin will make what you feel most guilty for appear and the only way to make it go away is for you to overcome that guilt, so just stay away from it.  Alright!?" Coran chirped. The team nodded in understanding.

"Alright so get in there retrieve the gem and get out. " Allura restated for the hundredth time.

"We got it we got it. Don't worry. " Lance said shaking his hands.  The princess sighed but nodded.

"OK off you go and be safe. " she dismissed.  Keith nodded as he climbed out of the ship behind Shiro, Lance next to him, Pidge and Hunk in the rear. He could see the cave entrance, he knew they would have to split up once they entered since there were 5 seperate tunnels, how convenient, he thought.

Once inside the entrance of the cave Shiro turned to face the others.
"Alright team let's split up and find that gem. " The team nodded as the pulled out there lights and headed towards their tunnels. Keith watched as everyone went into their tunnels before looking at his.

"Hey you'll be fine. " he turned around to see Pidge standing next to him, giving a reassuring smile.

"Thanks Pidge. " she (or they if you do so prefer ) smiled and patted him on the shoulder before walking down her respective tunnel.

Keith took a deep breathe before venturing into the tunnel. Shortly after entering the tunnel he saw a bunch of plants, some of them glowing and illuminating the catacomb. He carefully walked down the path, avoiding the plants. He looked at the stone walls were lights danced on the little crystals embedded into the rock creating a light show, it was actually quite beautiful. He smiled as continued down the winding path.

He stoped as he stared at a small incline, he looked up, he could easily climb it, he walked around until he found a spot that seemed to be clear of plants. He took a deep breath as he heaved himself up onto the wall and began to slowly climb the slope, his feet carefully landing in the foot holes. As he went to set his one hand down his  accidentally touched a plant. He jerked away as he looked in horror at the five leaf tear drop plant. He felt his knees beginning to grow weak. Dang it. He thought as he climbed down the slop knowing he wouldn't be able to make it all the way up, as he neated the bottom he began to feel lightheaded as black spots danced in his vision.

His feet touched the flat surface but it felt like the world was spinning, he swayed some before his vision went completely black as he collapsed to the ground.

He groaned as light flooded his vision.  Keith shook his head as he sat up someone helping him into a sitting position.  He turned around and saw Lance looking at him worriedly.

"Hey man you alright? Did you fall from up there?" he asked concern laced in his voice. Keith looked up at the little cliff before him, shaking his head.

"I-I don't think so. I can't quite remember. " The raven haired said staring at the other.

"OK, well here let me help you up. " he said pulling Keith up, his hands still on the others arms making sure he was stable. He felt a blush creeping up his cheeks as he started into Lance's dark blue eyes that were glowing even more in the light of the crystals.

"Get off of me! I'm fine!" Keith said pushing him away.

"Gesh you don't always have to be so mean. " Keith sighed as he turned around to apologize but was surprised to find that the other was standing right in front of him. He gulped as he studied his features realizing that the brown haired boy was very, very close.