Sunsets - Part 6

"Sammy!" CJ shouted, slapping his face lightly as she tried to wake him up. But he seemed to be unconscious. "Sammy Smee my father will kill me-"

Suddenly, his eyes opened up and he smiled. A laugh rolled off of his tongue as he was faking it the whole time. CJ looked irritated, and then her gloves hand slapped him hard across his face.

"Blimey!" He shouted, a smile still on his face as his cheek turned bright red. "Awe, you came to save me?"

"I will hit you again." She spat, getting up off the dirty ground and brushing herself off.

But then the door opened, and the two both looked up from their places. She reached down, going to help Sammy up. He was smart enough than to take the Hook girls hand, and got up on his own. CJ winked at him before running through the back doors, doors that swung open as she exited.

It was her father that had entered inside with a few thugs, and he did not look very happy.

"Calista Jane!" He shouted, looking around the shop with his eyes glaring. The Captain scanned the room for his daughter but she was not there.

CJ quickly ran out of the creaking doors, removing the black and gold hat off of her head and holding it behind her body. Of course, it wasn't hidden very well. She looked at her father, standing up straight.

"Father?" She questioned, looking at him in the eyes. He began to walk over towards her, his goons waiting by the doorway.

Sammy then soon realized that her father would not be too happy about CJ owning a Captains hat of her own, she would have to earn a Captains hat and only could she have one once she had a ship and a crew. Two things, that she didn't have. The Smee boy came out, grabbing the hat from behind CJ and moving behind the counter. He put it underneath the back shelves, sitting down behind the counter and starring at the two.

Hook looked at Sammy with curiosity, wondering why he was still here. He hadn't been blind, he knew that he had covered for CJ why she was gone. But that, was a Smee's job, wasn't it?

He shook his head and turned his attention back to his daughter, walking up close to her as he pointed to the window. "Why does that little sign, say the shops closed? Hmm?"

CJ gulped, thinking of something to say. But it was Sammy that came to her rescue. "I uh- did it, sir. I thought CJ and I could take a five minute break."

The pirate girls eyes widened, knowing very well that her father did not give them breaks. That was unheard of. She looked at Sammy, confusion written on her face. Her father turned on the heel of his boots, walking over to Sammy.

She stayed where she was, watching the scene unfold before her. The Captain walked in front of the counter, starring at the boy intently. "Is that so?" The man questioned him, leaning against the table with one eyebrow raised.

Sammy licked his lips. He tried to keep his cool around The Captain but he was just about as scary as Harriet. "Yes, sir." He mumbled, his eyes locked on his. If he dared to look away, the man might think something was up. That he was lying.

Suddenly, the pirate king reached across the table with a hook for a hand. He hit Sammy upside the head, and he grabbed his head in pain. "Father!" CJ shouted.

Now she didn't mind her father hitting her, that she could live with. Well, as long as he didn't hit her too hard. But when he would hit Harriet or Harry, or anyone else she cared about. That wouldn't do.

He turned his head towards CJ, fury on his face as he walked towards her. She winced, bracing for some type of impact that never came. "Ya don't deserve breaks." The man spat, he grabbed CJ's hair and pulled her behind the counter with Sammy. "And I hope ya know, you're not getting a single dime."

CJ sat down on a stool next to Sammy, leaning down on her hand and pouting up at her dad. She reached over and grabbed the Hook that had been on the counter, not wanting him to try and take that too. The pirate girl put it back on to her belt. If he had taken that, that would be like taking the Hook mantle off of her last name.

He looked down at his daughter, ignoring the boy. "Do you have anything you want to tell me?"

CJ was silent, biting her lip nervously. He simply  turned around with a grunt. The man headed back towards the door, but purposely knocked over a large makeshift shelf. It fell over, throwing all it's random items on the ground. CJ looked at Sammy, and he shrugged, knowing they couldn't do anything about it. The Captain moved swiftly, skipping to the sign as he turned it around with his Hook.

"Remember child!" He shouted, looking at CJ. "I'm always watching. And clean up this mess!"

And with that, him and his goons left the large room. His laugh echoed through the floors...