Chapter Three: Master and Servant

Start from the beginning

"I'm trying to summon my Noble Phantasms but... It seems I am still unable to" he explained matter-of-factly still frowning down at his hand. Maybe Ama's Prana hasn't settled within him yet I thought matching his frown. We both stared at his hand in silence for a long time before I became bored and stepped over to him and pulled his index finger of the hand that faced the ground between my thumb and fingertip to catch his attention. Lancer raised an eyebrow in confusion as I gestured for him to follow me and he complied without any objections as we jumped off the Estate's roof.

Following the light stone path that also led to the other building that stood in the large garden that also surrounded the Estate I tapped in the four digit code that secured the Armoury, the small building in the farthest away from the main building that contained all the weapons my mother and father left for me to protect myself with, and slid open allowing me to step into the pine paneled walls and maple floor tiled room. Lancer looked round the tree massacre room with confusion as I tapped in another four digit code on the keypad hidden in one of the panels.

I remained calm as the panels shook before spinning round to reveal the massive amounts of weapon that hung on the other side of the panels. Guns, swords, spears and any weapons that ever existed surround us giving the once innocence plain room a dark sinister aura that was normal for me. Shoving my hands back into my hoodie pocket I walked further into the weapon decorated room and turned my head slightly to look at Lancer who seemed to be spell bound by the amount of weapons.

"... Pick" I said lazily as I sat down cross legged in the middle of the room completely bored. I wonder how Ama is I thought while flopping back with my hands under my head and closed my eyes; Lancer's footsteps filled the room as he towards the walls to pick his preferred weapon.

"Please do not take any offense when I ask this Master but how did you come in procession of so many brilliant weapons?" Lancer asked politely breaking the golden silence between us. Sighing at the effort of speaking I opened my eyes to stare at the plain ceiling above us.

"Father a mercenary.... Mother an Executor for the Church" I said in fractured sentences. Both my parents admitted what they did back then as they didn't want me to find any other way and they wanted to train me to survive as they use to put it. Mother always went away on Church business, most likely killing vampires or demons, leaving only me and Father alone at home. That was until they both disappeared without a trace leaving me alone with these family like weapons.

"Are you sure it is acceptable for me to use their arsenal Master?" Lancer asked with concern in his voice.

"Yes..." I answered bluntly wanting him to just pick a damn weapon. Lancer seemed to sense this and I heard something rattle.

"May I use these Master?" Lancer questioned causing me to glance at him to see what he was talking about. He twirled a long red spear across his right knuckles and a shorter black spear through his fingers.

"This red one reminds me a lot of my old spear, Gae Dearg" he muttered swishing Gae Dearg II round his body with ease, this must be why he is a Lancer class.

"Though this one doesn't not resemble Gae Buidhe at all" he muttered once again under his breath as his ran the non look-alike Gae Buidhe spear through his fingers again. Gae Dearg and Gae Buidhe... Crimson Rose of Exorcism and Yellow Rose of Mortality I thought remembering the Legend of Diarmuid of the Love Spot, those used to be his lances when he was alive. Getting up I walked over to him when he ceased motion of the lances and placed a hand on Gae Dearg II and closed my eyes again.

"... Need to enchant" I concluded turning back towards the door and tapped in the code again for the panels to return back to their normal unsuspecting state, hiding all remnants of firearms and steel. Lancer didn't hesitate to follow me back to the main building, I need to tell him. Stepping through the double open doors I looked round the K/L, kitchen/living, room to see if Ama was there. With no trace of her I wandered over to the west wing's main door and trod lightly incase Ama was asleep. Slowly opening my bedroom door I smelt Nanaho's swimming pool scent and Ama's summer beach one indicating that they were inside. Peeping inside I saw Nanaho tightly holding Ama, who was fast asleep, to his chest under the covers of the futon; looking at them eased the worry that built up inside me when she collapsed earlier on the roof.

"I am sure she will be fine Master" Lancer assured me which surprised me slightly as I didn't know he was behind me. Not knowing what to say to him I just nodded and walked into the room two doors down, the place I kept all my Alchemy ingredients, and began the Enchantment Ritual.

...

"May the winds guide past you,

May the fires burn within you,

May the earths grow past you,

May the waters fill within you."

I began the Enchantment Ritual by chanting the first paragraph of the spell while spilling salt around Gae Dearg II, which was imbedded in the floorboards, in a perfect circle. Then I poured power sulphur in four piles on the salt circle evenly apart followed by liquid mercury that was now held within the sulphur piles. Lancer stood to the side of the room watching with deep interest as I continued the ancient ritual. The black and brown leather bracelets shaking as they gave me extra Prana and Mana to complete the spell.

"Give this weapon power

Allow the processor command"

Cutting my thumb on the sharp edge of the small Celtic patterned plate graphed on the one of the five bracelets, I ran my now bleeding thumb down the spear that matched its colour to seal my Lightning Affinity Magic Circuits into the crimson weapon that Lancer desired making it stronger with the ability to control electric and cut through magic resident armour just like the previous Gae Dearg.

''Prana and steel merge

Into a powerful weapon"

Muttering the last of the chant, I watched as the sulphur piles move on their own towards the spear, spiralling around it like a snake abusing a defenceless mouse. As soon as the sulphur made contact with the red steel the shimmering mercury shoot up the spear mixing in with my blood making the while spear shone blue before all the ingredients disappeared into the Gae Dearg II.

The golden silence was broken by a loud feral scream like noise from the other room where Ama and Nanaho were.