Chapter 34

Belle's POV

"You can have my phone." I said. "I'll buy a new one."

"You sure, beautiful?" Luke said, with a smirk on his face and his signature cocky voice. "It's just a kiss."

I jumped to reach my phone and hit Luke's hand. My phone fell. I pushed Luke and quickly grabbed it. "Ha! Got it." I said, with a triumphant tone. "Harry may or may not have been with Kendall. But I won't do that to him. I still love him, even though it may sound stupid considering the situation."

Luke's eyes were glued on me. "He doesn't deserve you, Belle." I sighed. I was the one who didn't deserve Harry. I was hurt, that was for sure. But deep down I didn't blame him for looking for another person. Kendall was beautiful. Which I was not. She was way better for Harry than I would ever be. "If I were him, I wouldn't even go out with other girls. I wouldn't have eyes for anyone else but you."

"Luke." I said, almost in a whispered. "I'm tired. I don't mean to be rude but please give me my coffee so I can go home."

He handed me my coffee and I mouthed a 'thank you'. I walked over to the table the person, who has been putting up with my sorrow these couple of day, was waiting for me.

"What was that all about?" Gemma asked me. "That guy seems like a pain in the ass, to be honest."

"Yeah, he can be." I agreed. "But sometimes he has his good days." Gemma looked at me with a sweet look in her eyes. "You heard everything, didn't you?"

She nodded. "Belle, I really don't know what the hell is going on my brother's mind but." She paused. "Please don't give up on him. Not yet. There's has to be an explanation. I know him."

"I wish I could tell my heart that." I said, defeated. "I've never been in a relationship before. I-I don't know what do you." I let out a sigh, that turned into a moan, that later turned into a deep crying. I felt Gemma's arm wrapped on my body. She started to caress me, trying to reassure me.

"Come on, Belle." She said in a sweet tone. "Let's take you home."

....

I was lying on my bed. The tears didn't stop coming. I felt someone's hand on my back.

"I wish I could do something." Gemma said hopeless.

"It's not your fault." I assured her. "It's just that it hurts so much. At least he could have told me, you know? So I didn't have to find out by people on twitter and make a foul of myself."

The memories rushed to my mind.

There has been a long time since I went on Twitter. Let's see what I've missed out.

20+ mentions.

Ok. This was weird. Why do I have so many mentions?

I clicked on my notifications and millions of mentions began to load.

"Belle, is this true? I thought you and Harry were seeing each other!"

"What's going on? Please tell me this isn't true Belle! :( You and Harry were my OTP!"

"I'm done! If Harry really changed Belle, who was one of us, for that spoiled bitch... HELL WILL BURN #done"

What was this all about? I'm confused. I clicked on link that was in one of the millions of tweets I've got.

"Harry Styles spotted really close with Kendall Jenner at a party on downtown LA."

What?

My heart shattered.

"One Direction heart-throb Harry Styles was spotted very cosy with Kardashian's reality star Kendall Jenner at a party on downtown LA. The pair was dancing really close and according to eyewitness 'Harry seemed 'tipsy' and Kendall very flirty.'

Lately Styles had been linked with Latin beauty Belle Chávez (Lou Teasdale's assistant). The couple had been spotted together several times but nothing has been confirmed by the two of them.

What does this mean then? Is Harry looking for another choices or it's just another rumour to add to the uncountable endless conquest list?"

A picture was at the bottom of the article. It was Harry. And very close to him, it was Kendall. They looked like they were about to kiss.

I felt like billions stabs on my heart. Harry couldn't have done this to me. What about all we've been through? Haven't it meant anything to him?

Seems like not. 

"I seriously want to punch Harry right now." Gemma's tone was hard. "We don't usually get into his business but my mum isn't happy either." She confessed. "I know she hasn't met you yet but she really was looking forward to. You know mums have that instinct to know what is good for you?" I nodded. "Well, she was sure you were the one for Harry."

Ouch.

That made my hurt ache even more. Knowing that Anne believed I was the one for Harry, made me feel that everything that I've fought for, all the walls that I've stumbled down had been worth it. But now this whole 'Hendall' shit broke that into million pieces.

My phone started buzzing. I didn't want to talk with anyone right now. I sighed and grabbed it. Lou's number appeared on the screen.

I hesitated about answering or not. But it was Lou. She had been so nice to me since the beginning. I had to answer her.

"Hello?" I said, trying not to sound as I had been crying for hours.

"Belle!" Lou said relieved. "Thank God you answered."

"Is everything alright?"

"I need you to come here to LA ASAP."

What?

"Everything is going mental over here and I need your help." Lou sounded desperate and worried. She needed me. What am I going to do? "Please Belle. I need you here."

I looked over at Gemma, who was looking back at me confused and eager to know what was going on. "Uhm." Shit. "Well, I-I guess I could travel on Tuesday and be there on Wednesday. I did my last exam so Uni won't be a problem. I just need to leave everything set over here."

"Thank you so much Belle!" Lou said excited about my reply. "Don't worry about anything that concerns the plain ticket because I'm going to buy it for you. I'll text you as soon as I have the flight info."

"Oh ok."

"Just one more thing." Lou's voice was now lower. "Harry asked me to called you to explain what happened at the party." I didn't say anything. I wasn't sure about what to say. She continued. "I was there with him, Belle. And I can promise you that Harry never kissed Kendall. He was all the time with me talking about how much he missed you until he went to the bathroom. And then when he came back asking for his phone, I don't know why but Kendall had it. She was planning something, Belle. I couldn't figure out what but I know it's nothing good. And the paps thing. That's really weird. "

So it was true. Harry never kissed Kendall. It was all just a set up. Kendall was trying to get Harry. To take advantage of him.

"Thank you Lou. I love you."

"I love you too, kiddo. I just hope it's not too late for you guys to make up."

"I hope too."