Chapter 32

I woke up with a massive hangover.

Imagines of the night before started to fill my mind.

Kendall flirting with me. The two of us dancing, really close to each other. The paps.

Belle.

If Belle sees those photos, she was going to be mad. She was going to be heartbroken. She would think I lied to her. That I played with her.

I needed to call her.

I grabbed my phone from the night table and dialled her number. I didn't look at the clock to see what time was it. I needed to talk with her and explain. Before it was too late.

"Come on pick up." I said. My heart was racing. "Pick up, Belle. Pick up."

After seconds that seemed hours I heard her voice on the other side of the line.

"Hello?"

"Belle." My voice was trembling. I didn't know if she had seen the photos yet or not. My hands were shaking and sweating. 

"Harry." Her tone was monotonous. She had seen the photos.

"I can explain."

"Really? Because I think the pictures are pretty clear. Even someone blind could see what was going on." 

"It's not what it seems like. Really." I said, running my hand through my messy hair. "Please let me explain. I was drunk and-"

"You got to be kidding me Harry!" Belle's voice went louder. She was getting angry. "Don't you dare to blame it on the alcohol. Don't give me the 'I was drunk' bullshit again. I may believe it once." She paused. "But not twice."

"I swear I wasn't going to kiss her!" I was desperate. How could I convince Belle that I wasn't cheating on her? "We were just dancing. I tried to push her back but I was too drunk that my coordination was shit. And-and we were alone! I was there with some friends and one of them was friends with Kendall and we bumped into her."

"Yeah right, Harry." Belle said. Sarcasm was all over her voice. "Are you going to tell me Kendall force you to dance with her too? That was what she meant when she told me you were busy."

"What?" 

"Yeah. I called you and she picked up." She said. "Now all make sense. Your hands were full."

But doesn't make sense I checked my recent calls and there wasn't one from Belle. She wouldn't lie about calling me. Something wasn't right here.

"Look Harry. I have things to do and I don't have time for this." The pain her voice made my heart shrank. "Bye."

I stayed there, eyes fixed on the wall, sitting on my bed with my phone on my ear. 

"FUCK!" I yelled, throwing my phone to the wall. "FUCK. FUCK. FUCK."

I ran my hands through my hair frantically. I needed to prove Belle I did nothing wrong. That I didn't cheat on her. I needed to- I needed to-

LOU!

That was it! Lou was with me at the party. She coould talk with Belle and explained to her. Tell her that I didn't kiss Kendall. I did nothing. Shit. I must sound desperate.

I shook my head and head over to the bathroom. I need to get dressed and find Lou as soon as possible. I couldn't let Belle think what's it's not. I wasn't going to let this stupid argument get on my way and ruin everything. 

The hot water loosened my tight muscles.

...

"Harry, are you ok?" I felt a hand squeezing my shoulder. I turned my face around and saw the only person who could make this pain go away.

"Lou." I whispered.

"Hey." She said, worried. "What's wrong?"

But I didn't need to tell her what was going on once he looked me in the eyes.

"Belle saw the photos." I nodded. "God, Harry. You know what you got yourself into? It's not all the paps fault. You're responsible for your own actions."

"But I didn't kiss Kendall as it looks on the picture. You know I would never do that knowing I could hurt Belle. I miss her like mad. She has been on my mind since the moment I left her at the airport." 

Lou sighed and shook her head. "Ok. I'll call Belle, tomorrow, explaining what happened. We need to give her a little space, ok? But you must promised me something." She said, looking right into my eyes with a serious tone. I waited till she spoke. "You have to promise me that you'll try to stay away from Kendall. There's something about her that doesn't seem right."

"Ok. I promise."

"Now go." She said. "The boys are waiting for you outside. You have to do an interview in an hour." 

"Thank you, Lou." I said, hugging her. "Have I told you that you look wonderful today?"

"Shut up!" She let out a laughed and hit me in the arm. "Now go!"

"Yes ma'am."

I ran to the front door of the hotel and as soon as I got out, hundreds of screaming girls welcomed me. I smiled and waved at them. Preston came to my side and led me to the car that was waiting for us. I tried to take some photos on my way to it but there was so many people that we had to rush to the car.

I sat at the back of the car and put my shades on. I wasn't feeling like talking right now. The boys knew about the whole 'Hendall' drama. But they knew too that I wouldn't cheat on Belle. I knew we weren't officially a couple but I had feelings for her and I knew she had for me as well. And for me, that was all that mattered. I just wish this whole bullshit didn't ruin everything. And being here didn't help either. I just wish I could go back to London or maybe bring Belle her, so she could be with me. Sigh. Sometimes my job complicates everything.

But Belle knew how things were. We agreed we could make this happen. Liam and Sophia, Louis and Eleanor did. Why couldn't we?

The ride over to the place where we were going to have the interview was short. That or I was so immersed in my thoughts that I didn't notice the time.

"Great." Zayn said. "Paps."

I looked through the window and he was right. Paps were all over the place. We could say paps weren't the favourite part of our job but what can we say? Occupational hazards. Sadly.

"Don't pay attention to what they're going to say, Harry." Liam said. "They're just looking for some shitty story to sale."

I smiled at him. At least I had the lads with me. They were my rocks. We stick up for each other always. I didn't know what I would do without them.

"Ok guys." Paul said, opening the car's door. "We gotta keep moving."

We stepped outside of the car and in seconds we were surrounded by paps. Cameras on our faces and flashes blinding us. There was a huge group of fans too, waiting for us. They were pushed by the paps and some of them fell to the ground. I tried to help the one who were closer to me.

"Hey!" I warned one of the paps. "Be more careful, pal. You knocked her down. Are you ok?"

"Dude, what's wrong with you!?" Zayn yelled from behind me. 

"Harry! Is it true that you're dating Kendall Jenner? What about Belle?" A pap yelled at me, with his camera in front of my face.

"Fuck off, man!" Louis yelled back at him.

"Guys! Come on!" Preston called us. "We need to get inside!"

"Shit!" Louis said. "Hold up. Niall fell!"

"Niall are you ok!?" Liam yelled worried.

I heard Niall complaining and cursing. I couldn't turn around to see if he was alright. I was trapped on a human mass.

Mayhem.

This was a complete mayhem.